Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Burger Motorsports JB4 Discussion Thread

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
Did not gap the plug yet. I have new plug and coil on order per kia. Then ill gap it.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Silver Kia Stinger GT
Appreciate you early testers taking one for the team.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
My misfire came after driving on the second day. Drove it on the highway and did a few WOT and it started to hesitate, didn't get any check engine light but I could tell the car wasn't driving right at WOT. I haven't had a chance to regap the spark plugs yet and may end up ordering different plugs before I resintall it.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
I was talking to kia a few days ago and they are investigating it they are thinking the coil is the main problem to the misfire issue when in high rpm.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I was talking to kia a few days ago and they are investigating it they are thinking the coil is the main problem to the misfire issue when in high rpm.
If the misfires are caused by tunes, how do they associate the coil problem with an un-tuned motor? Did you tell them the engine was tuned?

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
Too much psi. I took my tune off for warranty work. I'm just waiting for the coils to come in then I'm going to tighten the gap on spark plugs. They had cars that is doing thr same problem without the tune on it.

Reactions
Country
United States
Too much psi. I took my tune off for warranty work. I'm just waiting for the coils to come in then I'm going to tighten the gap on spark plugs. They had cars that is doing thr same problem without the tune on it.
Are you saying Kia thinks the stock Stingers are producing too much boost pressure?

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
No. They are thinking the coil is bad something is wrong with the boots that goes over the spark plugs. They are pushing around 12psi.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Not sure if they are going to be a recall on them or not. They are treating it case by case at the moment.
In my case it only happened after installing the tune.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
In my case in only happened after installing the tune.
Take your tune off and put it back to stock and take it to your dealership and tell them its jerking and misfiring in boost. If they ask you about a chip or tune just say no.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Take your tune off and put it back to stock and take it to your dealership and tell them its jerking and misfiring in boost. If they ask you about a chip or tune just say no.
I took it off already and it runs fine now. Should I still take it to the dealer?

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
Yes I would. Did you try running it in sport mode?

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
With the tune on I did not. I haven't tried Sport mode since taking off the tune.
Try driving it in sport mode. on my it happen when I'm in boost does not matter what mode I'm in.

MrMr

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Anyone in Canada had a chance to try this yet? I had originally plan on ordering this until I started reading some of the issues.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Try driving it in sport mode. on my it happen when I'm in boost does not matter what mode I'm in.
Did a few this morning and it drives fine.