Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Burger Motorsports JB4 Discussion Thread

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Update... I installed the newest firmware that is on the bottom of the first post ?1B.hex?.. It still stutters on MAP 1. So I came back home to grab my laptop and log, but the cable is to short and will need to order an extension.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
[MENTION=731]RandallK[/MENTION] did you get the sputter issue taken care of? I installed mine on Monday and have since then put about 70 miles on the car with no issues. I'm going to be updating the firmware this weekend.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Hopefully the misfire is somewhat isolated and not as bad as the Lap3, either way it's giving me pause to get this until everything is ironed out.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Yes I am.. I bought HKS?s this morning regrettedly.. [?|]
Great decision, from what I've been reading this should probably be a requirement for all tunes. Let us know how the new plugs work out.

Reactions
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I've been emailing Terry and he suggested that if you are experiencing any misfires or hesitations is to close the gap on the spark plugs to around .25

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
It is not required, but will definitely help you gap them more precisely. Good find! [thumb]

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
Seems like a pretty marginal expense to avoid breaking the plug by banging it on a workbench. I would prefer regapping the stock plugs over replacement because colder plugs are a dead giveaway of increased boost, should a tech have a reason to look at them of course. And I don't want to change the spark plugs to get the car serviced given the upper intake manifold has to be pulled for the job.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Seems like a pretty marginal expense to avoid breaking the plug by banging it on a workbench. I would prefer regapping the stock plugs over replacement because colder plugs are a dead giveaway of increased boost, should a tech have a reason to look at them of course. And I don't want to change the spark plugs to get the car serviced given the upper intake manifold has to be pulled for the job.
You don't have to pull the plugs to check the gap?

I'm going to reinstall my tune tonight and put a couple hundred miles on it this weekend. Hopefully I remain lucky.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
Just install my JB4 today it was running good. Did a few WOT pull and it started to stutter. Talked to Terry today he also said to tighten the gap on the spark plugs. He also mention to try out map 6 and then go to setting and change all the value to 1.5 under map 6 boost table. I will try that out tomorrow morning on thr way to work and dry to gap the plugs tomorrow to see if it solve the problem. Not to mention it did not throw a check engine light. I am also a kia tech.

Reactions
Country
United States
Just install my JB4 today it was running good. Did a few WOT pull and it started to stutter. Talked to Terry today he also said to tighten the gap on the spark plugs. He also mention to try out map 6 and then go to setting and change all the value to 1.5 under map 6 boost table. I will try that out tomorrow morning on thr way to work and dry to gap the plugs tomorrow to see if it solve the problem. Not to mention it did not throw a check engine light. I am also a kia tech.
I ran into the exact same issue with mine. Since you're a tech let me know what gap is most optimal. TIA.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
I ran into the exact same issue with mine. Since you're a tech let me know what gap is most optimal. TIA.
I will. What octane gas you running or what is the highest octane level you have where you live. I have 91 where I live.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
So I got to work early today. Remove spark plugs on the left bank on the driver side and found plug on cylinder 2 is crack. It look like we need to gap the plugs before we install the chip

Attachments

Reactions
Country
United States
I will. What octane gas you running or what is the highest octane level you have where you live. I have 91 where I live.

So I got to work early today. Remove spark plugs on the left bank on the driver side and found plug on cylinder 2 is crack. It look like we need to gap the plugs before we install the chip
Sucks to see that

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
It happen. Just order the part for it.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
What's the changes on Map 6 compared to Map 1?

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
I'm not sure but it does not make a different on the stuttering.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1