Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

<><> Rotary Forged TSW Wheels 19" & 20" SPECIALS

Trader history for BestWheelDeals (0)

Reactions
City
Hialeah Gardens
State
FL
Country
United States
Hey all,

We've got some pretty sweet deals from TSW- there are limited quantities available, so lets make it happen!! The wheels below are Rotary Forged, making them lightweight and stronger than all aftermarket high pressure cast wheels out there. Want to know more?

[video=youtube;BZQtHQXZZCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQtHQXZZCU[/video]

TSW OSLO RF Silver w/ Machined Cut Face

Sizes Available:
19x8.5
19x9
19x9.5
20x9
20x10

TSW OSLO RF two-toned Matte Gunmetal with Matte Black face

Sizes Available:
19x8.5
19x9
19x9.5
20x9
20x10

[rockon]

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I could be wrong but it sounds like the wheel is originally cast and then they roll forge the part of the wheel the tire goes on. The middle part, if I'm correct, is still cast. I wonder if that's the case with all forged wheels?

Nice wheels by the way:)

OP
BestWheelDeals
Reactions
City
Hialeah Gardens
State
FL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
I could be wrong but it sounds like the wheel is originally cast and then they roll forge the part of the wheel the tire goes on. The middle part, if I'm correct, is still cast. I wonder if that's the case with all forged wheels?

Nice wheels by the way:)
Thanks!! and you're pretty spot on, with just some few differences. Think of modern wheels in (3) different options.

1. High Pressure Cast: relatively low grade aluminum alloy, poured into a mold, with the wheel "face" design already set in stone, and compressed. Wheel comes out of the molding, is painted/powdercoated, boom.

2. Rotary Forged: Higher grade aluminum alloy, poured into a mold, with the wheel "face" resembling the design and compressed. After wheel is pulled from molding, wheel barrel is pulled to specific size and specs. Wheel face is machined to remove extra material and give final clear cut design. This wheel is lighter in weight, and is structurally stronger.

3. Monoblock Forged: Highest grade 6061 T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum block is machined every step of the way- these wheels are the lightest and strongest of the bunch and consequently the most expensive. the more "work" has to be done to the wheel, usually the more it will cost.

Hope that kinda clears it up!

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thanks!! and you're pretty spot on, with just some few differences. Think of modern wheels in (3) different options.

1. High Pressure Cast: relatively low grade aluminum alloy, poured into a mold, with the wheel "face" design already set in stone, and compressed. Wheel comes out of the molding, is painted/powdercoated, boom.

2. Rotary Forged: Higher grade aluminum alloy, poured into a mold, with the wheel "face" resembling the design and compressed. After wheel is pulled from molding, wheel barrel is pulled to specific size and specs. Wheel face is machined to remove extra material and give final clear cut design. This wheel is lighter in weight, and is structurally stronger.

3. Monoblock Forged: Highest grade 6061 T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum block is machined every step of the way- these wheels are the lightest and strongest of the bunch and consequently the most expensive. the more "work" has to be done to the wheel, usually the more it will cost.

Hope that kinda clears it up!
This is great! Thanks for the info:) I like TSW wheels a lot and I'm considering the silver Portiers with a polished lip but with a gunmetal center for my future Stinger.

OP
BestWheelDeals
Reactions
City
Hialeah Gardens
State
FL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
This is great! Thanks for the info:) I like TSW wheels a lot and I'm considering the silver Portiers with a polished lip but with a gunmetal center for my future Stinger.
I'm almost certain that model was discontinued by TSW, but i'll see what other manufacturers have a similar wheel style

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'm almost certain that model was discontinued by TSW, but i'll see what other manufacturers have a similar wheel style
NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LOL... oh well... Don't do too much work for me, I don't have the car yet. There are other wheels from TSW and others that I like but I really liked the polished lip wheel style. And by the time I do get the car and get a set of wheels for it, there may be a new wheel out by then. Thanks for the info:)