Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

{{ ImportShark }} GROUP BUY - M&S Spoilers w/ Pre-Painting

Trader history for Mike @ ImportShark (0)

cjbellott

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Can I do the ceramic silver diffuser as well? I'll send payment once I see a reply with a total if you can do it. Thanks.

mdwallace

Reactions
State
ME
Country
United States
Curious how functional these spoilers are. Say if I wanted to autox and toss the spare for the day.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Curious how functional these spoilers are. Say if I wanted to autox and toss the spare for the day.
Minimal, mainly for looks.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Any pics of factory painted installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
I?ve been wondering about a red diffuser on a black Stinger, with a black spoiler. Thoughts anyone?

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
I?ve been wondering about a red diffuser on a black Stinger, with a black spoiler. Thoughts anyone?

Red diffuser on black might look a little bit out of place. I was thinking getting it wrapped in CF or perhaps doing Hydro dipped.
[video=youtube;ZI5JfeQsLAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5JfeQsLAU[/video]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Red diffuser on black might look a little bit out of place. I was thinking getting it wrapped in CF or perhaps doing Hydro dipped.
That?s a great idea!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
So does there need to be 10 of each? I guess I?m really asking is it $215 including painting it black? Thanks

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #29
Can I do the ceramic silver diffuser as well? I'll send payment once I see a reply with a total if you can do it. Thanks.
Yes of course! $215 shipped for the diffuser. Same timeline since I'll import them all together.

M&S doesn't market spoilers for function...just looks.

Any pics of factory painted installed?
So far we haven't gotten any customer pics of the handful of OEM painted spoilers that we've done. I'll do what I can to get some more images, but I'll have a Type-G installed on my blue Stinger this week and will certainly take some more shots of that. There's a couple pics of a white Stinger with OEM white painted spoiler here though:
http://importshark.com/catalog/prod.../2340/osCsid/7741c80baa39697e138029ed7bbbce3e

My personal opinion is that a few touches of 2-tone look great here and there. If you said a red diffuser AND spoiler, then I'd pump the brakes on that, but just the diffuser is a safe bet. I'd do a more "generic red" though, not the Stinger OEM red paint since that's a bit darker. A standard red would match the brake lights, and if it were me, I'd do a customized KDM Stinger lettering in the same red as the diffuser. On a black car, that would look P-I-M-P!

[video=youtube;ZI5JfeQsLAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5JfeQsLAU[/video]
Keep in mind the problem with CF wrap and hydrodipping is that it would be the only part done in that color on the car....unless you have plans to do additional parts to compliment it then that would definitely work. I've seen people put real carbon fiber parts on their car along with other parts wrapped in faux-CF and even more parts CF hydrodipped! Talk about trying too hard, huh? Needless to say, it looked horrendous--so my humble opinion if you decide to go that route is keep future mods in mind and have a long-term plan, not just slapping on parts one by one.

So does there need to be 10 of each? I guess I?m really asking is it $215 including painting it black? Thanks
No, just 10 total. We're at 5 or 6 right now, so pretty darn close. I think I estimated closing the GB in 2 weeks, so we should be right on target for that. I mean, that is, unless people participating want to hold out a wee bit longer to get to that 20 mark for an extra few bucks' discount. We'll stick with the 10 for now and go from there though.

cjbellott

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Sent payment for Type-S painted Ceramic Silver. Gonna pass on the diffuser for now. Thanks!

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Looks like we are close to 10.. Come on people.. I am impatient... hahahahha

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Type G Painted Black

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
I?m in Type G, painted black. Sending payment now

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
I?m sending the payment right now

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #35
I?m in Type G, painted black. Sending payment now
Sounds good, thanks! I'll keep an eye out and add you to the list. [wave]

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
One closer lol

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #37
Hell yea! I think we actually just need one more, maybe two. I'm gonna count the orders tonight. Either way, it looks like we'll be right on time to close the GB early next week and get these suckers ordered!

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
This is exciting! Hopefully we are at the finish line!!

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #39
Yup, GB is closed and the order has been placed with M&S. I expect to have all those parts here in about 2 weeks as planned and everything will get cranked out by the paint shop immediately thereafter. Anyone who didn't add in pre-painting will naturally have their spoiler shipped out as soon as the inventory is here.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
Yup, GB is closed and the order has been placed with M&S. I expect to have all those parts here in about 2 weeks as planned and everything will get cranked out by the paint shop immediately thereafter. Anyone who didn't add in pre-painting will naturally have their spoiler shipped out as soon as the inventory is here.
This is great news.

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL