Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many people warm up their Stinger before driving?

How many people warm up their Stinger before driving?

• Yes

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
FYI for all the stinger owners out there. You should always let a turbo car warm up because the oil in your engine is cold an thick, so your engine has to pump it through a oil feed line to the turbo and if you have a heavy foot the oil has a hard time getting their. A good analogy would be try sucking a cold milkshake through a straw then try sucking it when its warm big difference. You want to keep the bearings lubricated in the turbo at all times or BOOM there goes your turbo fins through your motor. If you live in a cold climate you definitely have to let your car warm up. It won't happen right away it will over a period of time but here in Phoenix area we don't have to worry about that to much. In the winter here I still let my car warm up, in the summer you really don't have too. Just want to let people know who never own a turbo car before.
Very true, I normally go easy on the car until the engine warms up.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT2 AWD
In the winter months, living here in the "vortex" [wink], I wouldn't drive my car if I COULDN'T warm it up. Mornings, I come downstairs then right out in the garage. Fire it up, turn seats on hi, turn on the heated steering wheel, turn heat/blower up (and, of course, turn the auto stop/start off). Back in the house for a glass of OJ, check traffic on Waze, make a cup of coffee for the ride. It's usually on the verge of toasty by then. After work, I let it run for a minute, and take it easy 'til the oil warms.