Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Anyone noticed there's already used Stingers for sale?

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I never understood why people would drive cars for 1-3k and then trade it in.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
I never understood why people would drive cars for 1-3k and then trade it in.
Where at?

I just assume that first payment came up and they realized they?re broke as 2 MFs and turned it back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I've noticed that too, even this one with wheels and only 1,300 miles is up for sale.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Where at?

I just assume that first payment came up and they realized they?re broke as 2 MFs and turned it back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
haha could be, I've seen them on Autotrader

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
They could be dealer demos too, I still wouldn't buy those.

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Yeah, most of these cars are NOT real purchases. This car has NO retail owner. It was marked "sold" by the dealership to get a "sale count" back in January and they now have it listed as CPO.
That's hilarious that dealers would do that to get a sale count.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Yeah, most of these cars are NOT real purchases. This car has NO retail owner. It was marked "sold" by the dealership to get a "sale count" back in January and they now have it listed as CPO.
What happens if you don't make a sales count, fewer alocation?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
What happens if you don't make a sales count, fewer alocation?
Fewer allocation units and they take money away from the dealership. LOL

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Fewer allocation units and they take money away from the dealership. LOL
I don't think I can ever handle the stress of being a salesman haha. That's so sad that a dealer has to cheat to avoid getting money taken away.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I don't think I can ever handle the stress of being a salesman haha. That's so sad that a dealer has to cheat to avoid getting money taken away.
See, that's just it though. Dealers think that they HAVE to cheat... cheat the system, customers.... it's not right.

I am successful WITHOUT cheating the system or people! Always do what's right. It will pay dividends!

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I see it been marked down to $44,589 with less than 300 miles. What was the MSRP on that car?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
We should encourage more dealers to cheat LOL. $8k is a huge savings.
Hahahaha.... "Why are all of these KIA dealers such d-bags? They should be more like XXXX dealers..." "We need more Kia dealers to cheat" LOLOLOL

It's just the lease rebate that they're cashing in on and then taking off of the price. It's no different than just leasing it yourself EXCEPT someone at the dealership is driving the CRAP out of it for 1,500 miles or more!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Hahahaha.... "Why are all of these KIA dealers such d-bags? They should be more like XXXX dealers..." "We need more Kia dealers to cheat" LOLOLOL

It's just the lease rebate that they're cashing in on and then taking off of the price. It's no different than just leasing it yourself EXCEPT someone at the dealership is driving the CRAP out of it for 1,500 miles or more!
Why is there such a big lease discount this early?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Why is there such a big lease discount this early?
Leasing is a complex game. It's very based onone of two things; being psychic OR historical data.

Companies can either leave the residual high when they KNOW that the vehicle will hold it based on data OR they can lower the residual to be safe.

The problem is that the lower the residual, the more the customer is paying for in the lease which means that the payment goes up. That's one thing on a $28,000 car but the math is much bigger on a $48,000 car!

So, the only way to combat that is to guarantee their "loss" upfront with a set lease rebate that lowers the payments rather than risk bigger "losses" at lease end.

I actually wrote a long email and had some conversation with some corporate Kia big shots trying to convince them to raise the residual and lower the money factor to lower the payments instead to help keep the used values up.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Leasing is a complex game. It's very based onone of two things; being psychic OR historical data.

Companies can either leave the residual high when they KNOW that the vehicle will hold it based on data OR they can lower the residual to be safe.

The problem is that the lower the residual, the more the customer is paying for in the lease which means that the payment goes up. That's one thing on a $28,000 car but the math is much bigger on a $48,000 car!

So, the only way to combat that is to guarantee their "loss" upfront with a set lease rebate that lowers the payments rather than risk bigger "losses" at lease end.

I actually wrote a long email and had some conversation with some corporate Kia big shots trying to convince them to raise the residual and lower the money factor to lower the payments instead to help keep the used values up.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
You would be one of those people who is too smart for your own good. Thanks for trying to bring some sense to out-of-touch corporate types that can't understand that the old patterns should not apply to a radically different product. Of course, if they had asked you how to configure the cars, I bet there wouldn't be the fiasco that exists now, either.

My insurance premium is going to go up on this car, which is significantly cheaper to buy or repair than my current car. All other conditions remain identical. I asked my broker why? Because they have no information about the car, so are lumping it in with KIA's generally, which have a high proportion of younger and newer (aka riskier) drivers purchasing cheap cars. ...Great... Another corporate machine unable to adapt quickly.

In Canada, due to the better configurations and pricing, the cars are flying off the lots. But in the US, resorting to large discounts while showing such little faith in the long-term value of the car is a 180 degree opposite strategy to what should be employed if KIA was serious about attracting buyers from brands already established as "premium."

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
any idea how many stingers have been sold in the u.s. since december 1 2017, and what the model breakdown is?