Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Ford Mustang GT v Kia Stinger GT Drag Race

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
On a pull from 65-110, I had him by a length and a half. I'm not a Mustang expert, but based on how quiet his exhaust was, He was bone stock.
Nice man. I've gotten revved at a couple of times by Mustang drivers. Now I know we can take them.[biggrin]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
Nice man. I've gotten revved at a couple of times by Mustang drivers. Now I know we can take them.[biggrin]
I?m thinking that if I weren?t running a chip, the race would have been closer. I still think I would have taken him.

I have no idea what efficiency mode on a RaceChip adds, but there is a noticeable difference.

The problem with racing Mustangs is that it?s super cheap to make them fast - if that guy had put 3k into his car, he would have gotten the kill today. No idea how we fare against the 2018 mustang.. they got a bump in horsepower and the auto is a 10 speed. Different animal altogether.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I?m thinking that if I weren?t running a chip, the race would have been closer. I still think I would have taken him.

I have no idea what efficiency mode on a RaceChip adds, but there is a noticeable difference.

The problem with racing Mustangs is that it?s super cheap to make them fast - if that guy had put 3k into his car, he would have gotten the kill today. No idea how we fare against the 2018 mustang.. they got a bump in horsepower and the auto is a 10 speed. Different animal altogether.
Ah true, I forgot you had a tune.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[MENTION=405]ihatecats78[/MENTION] Great stuff man. If you are attending the Texas meet I would like to see how it compares to stock one [:D]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
[MENTION=405]ihatecats78[/MENTION] Great stuff man. If you are attending the Texas meet I would like to see how it compares to stock one [:D]
When and where is the TX meet?