Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Ford Mustang GT v Kia Stinger GT Drag Race

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Skip to 2:20 for the aerial view.
[video=youtube;JCtFatTgzKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCtFatTgzKs[/video]

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Right now the Stinger is the ultimate sleeper..but word is getting out there that its performs as well as it looks.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Great vid

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
I actually run a verified 2018 Mustang GT two days ago, I had him by roughly 2 car lengths when i let off at ~125 mph, and was steadily pulling.. I was shocked.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Awesome! Feels GREAT, doesn't it!!!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I actually run a verified 2018 Mustang GT two days ago, I had him by roughly 2 car lengths when i let off at ~125 mph, and was steadily pulling.. I was shocked.
He probably didn?t see that coming :)

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
He probably didn?t see that coming :)
He probably heard about it but didn't believe it. Ya know what they say, seeing tail lights is believing! LOLOLOL

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Best sleeper ever, it will definitely cash the check on its looks. I'm thinking I could easily make some extra change at the local 1/4 mile strip lol.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Best sleeper ever, it will definitely cash the check on its looks. I'm thinking I could easily make some extra change at the local 1/4 mile strip lol.
Put on the Optima badge and most people won't even know the difference.[raceflag]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Yeah I caught two sport bikes a sleep at light with no traffic in front of us on an expressway. Punched it through 1 st and second. They had no idea what happened until I let off and they both went screaming by. Hilarious.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Yeah I caught two sport bikes a sleep at light with no traffic in front of us on an expressway. Punched it through 1 st and second. They had no idea what happened until I let off and they both went screaming by. Hilarious.
Now that is impressive, we talking like 600cc rice rockets?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Now that is impressive, we talking like 600cc rice rockets?
Yeah smaller sport bikes 600cc . I just surprised them as they very quickly caught me but was funny as I don?t think they expected a Kia to be so fast. My windows were open so could hear them hesitate and then rev motors wildly. Would have been interesting to keep my foot in it. I love the Stinger as it accelerates with no drama so accelerating to speed limit is fun.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
I can confirm that we can beat Mustang GTs (at least 2017 and earlier models) from a roll as well. Just had a little fun on my lunch break. It was not a close race.

EDIT: I was running a RaceChip on efficiency mode at the time - Probably relevant information.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I can confirm that we can beat Mustang GTs (at least 2017 and earlier models) from a roll as well. Just had a little fun on my lunch break. It was not a close race.

EDIT: I was running a RaceChip on efficiency mode at the time - Probably relevant information.
How many car lengths?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
How many car lengths?
On a pull from 65-110, I had him by a length and a half. I'm not a Mustang expert, but based on how quiet his exhaust was, He was bone stock.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

LOLOLOLOLOL

Doesn't this car make you feel sooooooo good!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
LOLOLOLOLOL

Doesn't this car make you feel sooooooo good!
Yes it does! The guy's face in the Mustang as I was pulling away from him was priceless. Afterward, he drove by and gave me a big thumbs up.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
On a pull from 65-110, I had him by a length and a half. I'm not a Mustang expert, but based on how quiet his exhaust was, He was bone stock.
Nice kill.[loveboost]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Hence why I leave the front Kia badge on, a nice kick in the nuts, I just ordered the bigger stinger trunk lid nameplate for the rear tho

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Gotta love the RaceChip too.. I was running on the lowest setting (Efficiency). There's a huge difference between that mode and the top mode (Race). I feel like it would have been downright embarrassing for that Mustang driver if I had been in a higher mode.