Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

RaceChip GTS Black Initial Review

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Pull the intake manifold off again, found nothing out of the ordinary. Ensured all hoses and connectors were good, pins, clamps etc. I guess it?s making a trip to the dealer. Yikes.
Keep us posted.

col5ter

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Dealer fixed it up! As it turns out, one of the pins was slightly bent outward and wasn?t making contact properly. I think it was hard to distinguish though. At least when I looked at them all they seemed fine, not like it was visibly crushed. So they essentially installed a new connector, about an hour labour. This weekend we?ll reinstall the Race Chip again. Pretty favourable outcome I must say.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
That's good news. Good thing is wasn't anything major. Did the dealer give you a hard time? Ask if "engine modification" questions?

Dealer fixed it up! As it turns out, one of the pins was slightly bent outward and wasn?t making contact properly. I think it was hard to distinguish though. At least when I looked at them all they seemed fine, not like it was visibly crushed. So they essentially installed a new connector, about an hour labour. This weekend we?ll reinstall the Race Chip again. Pretty favourable outcome I must say.

col5ter

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I mentioned before I was my dads car. He was fully transparent with them and apparently they were OK about the plugs and Race Chip. I did reinstall the GTS Black last night, finally. What an absolute beast in sport mode, wow! My butt dyno says there?s a few more ponies under the hood now! We left it in ?1?, it seemed to feel pretty good there.

markus1290

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Switzerland
What I Drive
Stinger GT 3.3
Hey guys,

This past weekend I installed the Race Chip GTS Black along with the HKS plus (M40iL).

I have been getting a CEL, P0033. "Turbo Charger Bypass Valve Control Circuit."

I checked all the connections + hoses (from the harness or intake manifold) and doesn't look like I've missed anything. But maybe I'll follow another member and just disconnect the harness and reconnect. Quite possibly I should do another good check with a flashflight at all the hose connections.

I installed this in my fathers car and he had filled the car with 89 Octane the day before install by accident. Could this be the sole source of the CEL? I'm going to put some octane booster in there until that tank of 89 is used up. Only 94 will be used from this point on...

Also, on the GTS Black... the "+" and "-" buttons that flip through all the settings. I'm not sure which # to use. Should I start with 5 or 6... etc.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I think you should start on level 1, drive some miles, is everything ok try the next level. Five is the factory setting. I did it this way and everything was fine on level 5 about 5'000 miles. Actually I have some problems with the plugs too.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hi,
I think you should start on level 1, drive some miles, is everything ok try the next level. Five is the factory setting. I did it this way and everything was fine on level 5 about 5'000 miles. Actually I have some problems with the plugs too.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk[/QUOTE [MENTION=1380]markus1290[/MENTION], are you running factory plugs without regapping them?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

markus1290

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Switzerland
What I Drive
Stinger GT 3.3
Hi,

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk[/QUOTE [MENTION=1380]markus1290[/MENTION], are you running factory plugs without regapping them?

yes, it must be the factory plugs I think, my car was new and I didn't change plugs before problems came up. My dealer changed first only one plug and now all six. I hope the problem is now solved, besides my car runs allways with 98 octane.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
yes, it must be the factory plugs I think, my car was new and I didn't change plugs before problems came up. My dealer changed first only one plug and now all six. I hope the problem is now solved, besides my car runs allways with 98 octane.

If they put the factory plugs back in you will probably have another issue.

The factory plugs are not gapped effectively for higher boost so they need to be closed some. To about .0025 and then the problem seems to go away when running a chip.

markus1290

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Switzerland
What I Drive
Stinger GT 3.3
If they put the factory plugs back in you will probably have another issue.

The factory plugs are not gapped effectively for higher boost so they need to be closed some. To about .0025 and then the problem seems to go away when running a chip.

THX, I should try that, but the plugs are allrady installed and I'm not able to reinstall them by myselfe, bad luck. But I'm sure it will help others too.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
For all the folks on the thread who purchased the RaceChip GTS Black is that for the Stinger GT?

I'm considering purchasing this chip, however I would like to hear more feedback about your configuration given that I live in Norther California and I will be running 91 octane as well as reliability. How many miles have you driven and what if any issues have you encountered? I've read a number of issues with the stock plugs, therefore I would get the performance plugs.

Thank you!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Has anyone installed an oil catch can? The K5 Optima store recommends it for the uncle lap3 chip, however I don?t see this recommendation on the RafeChip website.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Wow, what can I say other then mind-blowingly fast and almost scary. Spoke with RaceChip support today and had my GTS Black chip updated to max performance. Put Octane 101 in the tank and on Race mode the car pulled so hard at 15mph that it felt like it started to swerve, but maybe I was losing traction, but accelerating so hard I didn't dare take my eyes off the road while I pulled onto the freeway. Crazy part is that I didn't even have the XLR chip enabled. With that enabled on R+ this thing would be even a wilder beast. Can't wait to see my times on the drag strip at Sonoma this Wed. Looks like the weather will hold-up therefore should be good to go. I will share my times. I think I will do one pull with Launch Control (XLR should matter for this, but I will enable it), another pull with Auto-hold on and R+ on the XLR, not sure about Traction/Stability control and then depending upon how those go, I might do a third run with the chip disabled for comparison. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please share. Needless to the say the chip will be in Race mode. I still want to get my car dynoed. I will share those results as well. I won't be surprised if I'm getting at least 400 whp, but we shall see. With as much power and torque as I feel now, I couldn't imagine any more. It's border line safe to drive as is, but what a blast. Just on the verge of insanity.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
RaceChip.us is offering 25% off GTS and GTS Black valid through Monday Nov 26. If you register via TopCashback.com and link to RaceChip you get another 13% off. Can?t beat that deal! Don?t miss out if you been on the fence consider RaceChip.

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2

basysmith

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Any special forum discount codes working for RaceChip in Australia?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Please ask RaceChip Australia for their pricing or make use of the fact that the RaceChip for the Stinger is on sale right now in the US.