Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger GT Auto-Hold malfunction

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Hey guys. Several days ago I noticed a slight/brief vibration that would occur as I lift my foot off the brake after coming to a complete stop. Separate forum posted for this. Today I also noted that the ?auto-hold? feature stops engaging after several minutes of continuous driving.

After 5 minutes of driving, immediately after coming to a stop, auto-hold symbol went from white to green (normal function) and at that moment the same hum/vibration that I have described occurred. Then while continuing to drive, after multiple complete stops, the auto-hold would fail to engage (white light would not transition to green). Vibration sound continued after each transition from stop as described before. So now I?m wondering if it has something to do with the programming of the auto-hold. I tried turning the auto-hold on and off but it continued to fail to engage once I?ve driven for 5-10 minutes.

Has anyone else noticed this regarding the auto-hold after prolonged driving?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I thought the Auto-Hold was a temporary feature used only when you are stopped on a hill and need to start without rolling back. I don't think it is intended to be turned ON all the time.

OP
R
Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
The manual says that?s it?s intended for start/stop traffic so the driver doesn?t have to keep the brake pedal depressed for long periods of time.

I may disconnect the battery to reset the ecu and see if that helps since I don?t have a service appt until mid time next week.

OP
R
Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #4
Auto-hold is working normally. Apparently even after coming to a complete stop, you must depress the brake further to active the auto-hold. So this is not likely related to the vibration issue.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
I?ve always had to push the brake pedal further or even twice without releasing it to engage the hold feature.

OP
R
Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #6
I?ve always had to push the brake pedal further or even twice without releasing it to engage the hold feature.
Yeah, same here. Now to figure out what the vibration/hum is about.