Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Trouble with lease buyout

tdoyon

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
I leased a GT2 AWD and refinanced through my credit union at 2.4%. The credit union overnighted the check with the signed odometer statement stapled to the check as instructed by Kia Finance. Kia Finance received the check, cashed it, but refuses do anything else, claiming that they didn't receive the odometer statement. The credit union faxed the odometer statement.

Am I going to get stuck paying the rental charge while Kia Finance stops "losing" odometer statements?

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
What kind of lease deal did you get. How's it doing in the snow? Ct here.

OP
T

tdoyon

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Just heard back from Kia Finance and they "located" the odometer statement so I'm all set.

I paid roughly $50k, $7,200 lease cash plus $5k more in trade than KBB said the old car was worth. I paid taxes and fees etc upfront at the dealer. In the end, I only had to worry about financing $37k. I'm pretty happy with the deal and the car. And it's snowing up here too... the Stinger is barely visible. :(

I drove her in the snow last week and it was fine but it the roads were clear. I also have Blizzak W80 tires installed... the driveway is pretty steep and challenging without snow tires.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
[MENTION=730]tdoyon[/MENTION] did you lease it initially just to take advantage of the lease cash? If yes do you have any idea how much you saved? I'm about to do the same thing.

OP
T

tdoyon

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
[MENTION=670]yesitsakia[/MENTION] not initially, no. I didn't have an existing relationship with a credit union and was concerned about how much the car would drop in value after the first year. After owning it a week I wasn't interested in leasing but owning.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Sounds similar to my buyout, only it was KMF delaying the release of the title to my credit union. I started the buyout back in December and as of last week, my CU still hadn't received the title.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
[MENTION=670]yesitsakia[/MENTION] not initially, no. I didn't have an existing relationship with a credit union and was concerned about how much the car would drop in value after the first year. After owning it a week I wasn't interested in leasing but owning.
I see, thanks.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
Hi, I m new to the forum. I been looking at the stinger for a couple months now. I would like to ask if any one was successful in during a lease buyout.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hi, I m new to the forum. I been looking at the stinger for a couple months now. I would like to ask if any one was successful in during a lease buyout.
I do it on my cars.