Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger GT braking vibration

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Hey. Sorry for not getting back to you guys. I did replace my tires with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3+ and feel like the road noise is definitely better though still suboptimal. Handling , however, is much improved. With the stock tires, I didn't feel confident cornering with any gusto but the Michelins allow for more spirited driving.

My initial vibrations that were related to brake release did gradually resolve after the center muffler was replaced. For now I'm content.
What tires did you have initially? Bizarre and almost unheard of for an all season tire to be quieter or handle better than a summer tire. However, if you had crap-quality all seasons, the AS/3+ are the best of the breed.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Glad to hear this.

OP
R
Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #63
What tires did you have initially? Bizarre and almost unheard of for an all season tire to be quieter or handle better than a summer tire. However, if you had crap-quality all seasons, the AS/3+ are the best of the breed.
Yeah, I had the stock all-season Bridgestone Potenzas. Terrible. I?m sure a dedicated summer tire would be way better but given that half the year in WI is winter, I decided to stick with one tire instead of continual swaps. I did that with my WRX and it got old.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Yeah, I had the stock all-season Bridgestone Potenzas. Terrible. I?m sure a dedicated summer tire would be way better but given that half the year in WI is winter, I decided to stick with one tire instead of continual swaps. I did that with my WRX and it got old.
Yah, they stuck. The Michelin Pilot Sport summer tires on the 19s are quite nice.