Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Snow driving

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Anyone have a preferred method for driving in snow, either eco, sport, comfort? About to pull the trigger on a 2018 Kia Stinger AWD.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited
Haven't had any snow since I picked mine up a week ago but here's a good video.

[video=youtube_share;aJ1rlyAR0LM]https://youtu.be/aJ1rlyAR0LM[/video]

This one looks like sport mode most of the time.

[video=youtube_share;DRrOypTN9Ss]https://youtu.be/DRrOypTN9Ss[/video]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Anyone have a preferred method for driving in snow, either eco, sport, comfort? About to pull the trigger on a 2018 Kia Stinger AWD.
If it's deep or treacherous snow (or mud), you will want to use a mode that has the closest to 50/50 front/rear balance in the AWD system. Which one(s) is that? Regardless, without a LSD at the rear or in the middle, it probably makes no difference because you'll be relying on the AWD system to instantly rebalance when it detects slippage and the traction control will use the brakes to stop slippage at each individual wheel. I suspect in real-world you won't be able to tell the difference. The sharper throttle response in Sport will be a bad thing in slippery conditions.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Comfort or Eco for me.

Kevsim

Reactions
State
CO
Country
Canada
Well I have been using normal and it hasn?t worked that great, got stuck twice already.. I do fell turning off the LSD keeps the wheels spinning and chugs through snow better.. IMHO

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Eco mode has worked the best for me.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Well I have been using normal and it hasn?t worked that great, got stuck twice already.. I do fell turning off the LSD keeps the wheels spinning and chugs through snow better.. IMHO
Do you mean traction control? If you have AWD, you don't have an LSD (unfortunately), nor if you had one could you turn it off.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
It's probably too early to tell...not enough vehicles, members here, so many have been bought in warm clients like socal, texas etc etc. The canadians should know best.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
We've taken the Stinger up to the mountains a couple times. Comfort or ECO does drive the best. To slow the car down, I try to use the paddle shifters to help slow the car down first before applying the brakes.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
I have no issues with ECO mode.

Kevsim

Reactions
State
CO