Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New tune from Burger Motorsports currently being developed for the Stinger

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Great news [MENTION=482]kiacruzer[/MENTION] is currently working with Burger Motorsports to develop another tuning option for the Stinger.

kiacruzer said:
For years I have been part of this community and one of the biggest issues has been that the bigger companies never support our cars, well times are changing. I?m working with Burger Motorsports to bring to the Stinger has has been available for many other brands. We are working towards development of a JB4 unit. If you are familiar with BMW/AUDI/ Infiniti you may know what this means. If not, the JB4 unit is similar to the chips we have had before in that it is a signal modifier. What differs here is that is it so much more. It can tie into a lot of the sensors in the engine to offer further tuning and customization. It can even tie into your WMI system and adjust tune if not enough meth is flowing. It also brings into reality the possibility of tuning for ethanol fuel blends. There is still a lot to be done but it?s a start and it?s a lot further than other companies have gone into the Korean vehicles

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I'll be down for this.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
It also brings into reality the possibility of tuning for ethanol fuel blends.

This is all I wanted to hear, sign me up.[raceflag]

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Fantastic news, Burger Motorsports has got a solid reputation in the Mercedes-AMG community.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
[MENTION=482]kiacruzer[/MENTION] you said there's lots to be done..but are we talking an ETA of summer or further out than that? I got tuning money sitting in my wallet and its hurting my ass.[hihi]

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Highly interested, will be closely watching this post for updates.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
More eyes on tuning of the 3.3TT is a good thing! Thanks!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Love having more options.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Sounds very promising. Keep us posted.

Robs

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
How were JB tunes installed on Bimmers? Any splicing needed?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
How were JB tunes installed on Bimmers? Any splicing needed?
Looks easy enough
[video=youtube;-scSkgU5S-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-scSkgU5S-8[/video]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
ETA I would say might be pretty soon. They are pretty interested in getting into the market soon and being a big player.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
Definitely in for the Burger Tune. I have a buddy with a Q60 red sport with the JB4. He's running +8 psi and mixing 4 gallons of E85. It took a fast car and made it a beast!

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Definitely in for the Burger Tune. I have a buddy with a Q60 red sport with the JB4. He's running +8 psi and mixing 4 gallons of E85. It took a fast car and made it a beast!
Any idea how much horsepower he was making? Even the stock Red Sport is no slouch.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
I would be so interested in this too.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
For those familiar with JB and LAP3 what are the advantages/disadvantages with either?

I'm guessing spark plugs will still need to be upgraded, certain octanes will be required, and it'll be removable for times when the car will be seeing a Kia tech?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
This guide will probably be closer to what we get than the BMW video. Installation seems to be very similar, the difference is Connection B which connects to the fuel rail for E85.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
Any idea how much horsepower he was making? Even the stock Red Sport is no slouch.
He said it's estimating it to have 400 whp and measured a 0-60 run in 4.38 seconds. The car is otherwise stock too.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
He said it's estimating it to have 400 whp and measured a 0-60 run in 4.38 seconds. The car is otherwise stock too.
That would be my goal.[biggrin]

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
ETA I would say might be pretty soon. They are pretty interested in getting into the market soon and being a big player.
Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.