Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

AEM Product Request Form for Stinger Intakes

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
No before needed, as there is no sound coming form the the stock intake boxes, but an after will be nice.

MrMr

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
They will be delivered Monday. Should I do a before/after sound clip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah in the same video would be great.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Are you getting this on [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION]?
I've still not pulled the trigger on an intake, no. I do like this implementation, if it's constructed how I think it's constructed. That's one reason I'm still waiting. I also continue to wonder about SSR's upcoming intake and if something can be done "DIY" to deal with the supposed restriction and retain much of the current intake (boxes, etc.). I just want to thaw out so I can do a lot more with the car. LOL

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Installed the install was not too bad, some of the fitment isn’t perfect. The BOV hoses have to be cut a little bit and can kink a little even after cutting. It is snowing out here in PA so the video I recorded tonight is not the best and hard to hear (and i didn’t want to push the car too hard in snow). I will post a video later when there is better weather. But I must say... the sound is absolutely amazing!!

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Great job [MENTION=1456]ceramicGT2AWD[/MENTION], sounds great, not too loud.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Is your car covered in ice! Holy crap!

Edit: Saw the post with the pic and the description. Makes a bit more sense now.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Installed the install was not too bad, some of the fitment isn’t perfect. The BOV hoses have to be cut a little bit and can kink a little even after cutting. It is snowing out here in PA so the video I recorded tonight is not the best and hard to hear (and i didn’t want to push the car too hard in snow). I will post a video later when there is better weather. But I must say... the sound is absolutely amazing!!

Where did you end up having to cut?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2

Looks pretty good and sounds great. I was going to ask about all the water around the engine bay, since your profile says you are in AZ, but then saw your are in PA.

[MENTION=625]3.3Turbo4me[/MENTION] That is something that most intakes require you to do. Need to cut around 1/4 inch of the hose so it doesn't kink. You can cut on either end (BOV or at the intake) most times is the drivers side that needs to be cut.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Looks pretty good and sounds great. I was going to ask about all the water around the engine bay, since your profile says you are in AZ, but then saw your are in PA.

[MENTION=625]3.3Turbo4me[/MENTION] That is something that most intakes require you to do. Need to cut around 1/4 inch of the hose so it doesn't kink. You can cut on either end (BOV or at the intake) most times is the drivers side that needs to be cut.
I had to cut about 1/4” of the BOV hose on both sides for the passenger hose. The driver side fit without a cut

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
For some reason it won’t let me change the state on my profile.. sorry about the confusion!

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
there is a new black plastic intake set up from aem

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Is your car covered in ice! Holy crap!

Edit: Saw the post with the pic and the description. Makes a bit more sense now.
[rofl]

Welcome to our world, [MENTION=1468]CKeeler[/MENTION]! The things we deal with in the snowbelt!

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
What's the difference between old and new?
The ones I have the shrouds are metal. The nice part about them being metal is they are a little flexible for the fitment, but all the holes have to be a bit bigger to take account for fitment. The hole for the ram air intake has about a 1/4” gap on the inside. I’m planning on getting some more of the rubber seal they had to seal it in once it warms up a bit.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
seems to be the plastic instead of aluminum, the air box design is a little different too,, looks like this guy has the newer version[dictate]
What's the difference between old and new?