Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Rumor Mill Limited Production Chroma Blue coming in 2019

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
I heard a rumor through a district sales manager that Kia plans on producing a limited production of Chroma Blue for 2019.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
They'll probably make all the colors we don't get as limited production Stingers lol

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar like Sunset Yellow. Hopefully we'll be seeing more options for 2019.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I heard a rumor through a district sales manager that Kia plans on producing a limited production of Chroma Blue for 2019.

If they end up making 400-500 Limited Edition Chroma Blue like they did for Sunset Yellow, I wonder if Lake Stone would be next, maybe 250 limited editions ?[biggrin]

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States

The best looking color [giddy]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
It'll be nice if we get Chroma Blue here in Canada too.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Great marketing on Kia's part to create these limited production runs.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
They need to give the Stinger all the missing options for 2019.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Is this the color that changes depending on the sunlight?

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Corvette Z06, 2018 Stinger GT
I spoke with a rep at this year's auto show and was told the 360 camera and wireless charging will be standard for 2019.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Dang wish I knew about Chroma Blue coming, would have waited just a bit longer.

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Hey guys the rumor is true, here's the press release https://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/medi...-unique-features-to-kias-fastback-sport-sedan

1. Exclusive metallic blue paint, wheels and luxurious interior add to Stinger?s stunning appearance
  2. Unique badging make Kia?s Stinger GT Atlantica a one-of-a-kind vehicle
  3. New tech and luxury features previously not offered on the U.S. Stinger provide an added level of convenience
The Stinger sport sedan has ushered in a new era for Kia and has redefined driving enthusiasts? opinions of the brand since going on sale in late last year. Continuing that excitement and arriving this summer, the limited-edition Stinger GT Atlantica celebrates the cross-Atlantic collaboration between the U.S. and the vehicle?s Germany-based development roots and introduces exclusive features not previously offered. With only a 500-unit limited-production run, the Atlantica edition is guaranteed to sell out quickly. The Atlantica edition includes unique paint, wheels and Nappa leather interior. Exclusive numbered badging inside and out, along with a bevy of technology and luxury features, make this 2019 Stinger truly something special.

?We recognize Stinger is something special and wanted to commemorate the 2019 model year with a stand-out variant,? said Orth Hedrick, vice president, product planning, Kia Motors America (KMA). ?Out of the box, the Stinger is a tried-and-true sport sedan with much of its development taking place on Germany?s grueling N?rburgring race circuit. The Atlantica edition introduces more European flare while distinguishing itself with exclusive badging and features not previously offered by Kia in the U.S. market.?

Based on the Stinger GT2 AWD, the Atlantica edition is immediately recognizable with its Deep Chroma Blue metallic exterior paint. The aggressive 19-inch alloy wheels come direct from the European Stinger and the large-font Stinger badge1 across the rear deck lid harkens from the Korean-spec vehicle. An exclusive Espresso Brown Nappa leather interior complements the exterior and a rich black suede-type headliner adds a premium touch to an already well-equipped cockpit. Unique features to the Stinger GT Atlantica include a Surround View Monitor2, a wireless phone charger3, and heated rear outboard seats. Three tasteful Stinger Atlantica badges, one on the front center console and two that flank both front fenders, round out this exclusive and limited package. Final pricing hasn?t been determined and will be available closer to the Atlantica edition?s on-sale date this summer.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Really upset that Kia just didn't make the Stinger script standard on all models. I still prefer the wheels we get over the Euro 19"s wheels.

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
Based on the Stinger GT2 AWD, the Atlantica edition is immediately recognizable with its Deep Chroma Blue metallic exterior paint. The aggressive 19-inch alloy wheels come direct from the European Stinger and the large-font Stinger badge1 across the rear deck lid harkens from the Korean-spec vehicle. An exclusive Espresso Brown Nappa leather interior complements the exterior and a rich black suede-type headliner adds a premium touch to an already well-equipped cockpit. Unique features to the Stinger GT Atlantica include a Surround View Monitor2, a wireless phone charger3, and heated rear outboard seats. Three tasteful Stinger Atlantica badges, one on the front center console and two that flank both front fenders, round out this exclusive and limited package. Final pricing hasn?t been determined and will be available closer to the Atlantica edition?s on-sale date this summer.
Kia[rant]

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Now the question is what will Atlanta West charge? $100k for this car.[histerical]

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Once again the early adopters get screwed.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Chroma Blue Atlantica + the extra options will likely have a better chance commanding a premium than Sunset Yellow did.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I got so upset when I saw that. I knew I should have waited.....damn it KIA [hatchet]