Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Lease rates for March 2018

Victor

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Mazda3 GT
Looks like this month's interest rates have finally started to come down a little.
The 48 month lease has been my target. With 1% less, there is about a 46$ drop.
That's still 884$ per month with zero down on 24K annual KM, which is a lot when compared to luxury marques' offers at much higher MSRPs.
I see some hope though, if they keep dropping those rates. At 1.99% this would be perfect as I'm looking at an 800$ or less per month lease for the GT Limited.

I do wish that residual was higher. 20 000$ on a 52 000$ vehicle after 48 months is ridiculous; they must really doubt their own product has lasting value.

Crossing my fingers for better results in 2 months when my lease is almost up!
Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
That's great news for you Victor, I purchased mine in January and I intend to keep this car for a long time.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I would assume they are keeping the residual's high because they will make more money. More money on the lease and more money when the car is returned and sold. It's a great strategy but it doesn't do much for the customer. CPO in 3 years will be about $30k depending on mileage. That's more like it [twothumb]

OP
V

Victor

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Mazda3 GT
Thread Starter #4
I would assume they are keeping the residual's high because they will make more money. More money on the lease and more money when the car is returned and sold. It's a great strategy but it doesn't do much for the customer. CPO in 3 years will be about $30k depending on mileage. That's more like it [twothumb]
Well that just means I'll go to the bank, cut a 20K cheque + tax, pay Kia, and sell it myself and make a good 5-6K. ;)

OP
V

Victor

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Mazda3 GT
Thread Starter #5
That's great news for you Victor, I purchased mine in January and I intend to keep this car for a long time.
That's a more winning proposition if you're ok with the higher cost for financing. At least you aren't taking the hit on residuals!

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Well that just means I'll go to the bank, cut a 20K cheque + tax, pay Kia, and sell it myself and make a good 5-6K. ;)
Lol if there?s a will, there?s a way