Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia stinger base smart power trunk

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER BASE AWD
I'm unsure if anyone else has noticed this and if has been addressed already, but KIA really messed up. If someone just doesn't want to go in an experience the car and instead order and do everything online and have it delivered, there is this one glitch on their website. The website, when building vehicle states that the 2.0L Base Model comes equipped with "Smart Power Trunk", but it really doesn't. When you look at more details, it says everything that comes standard, optional, and not available. The "Smart Power Trunk" option is not available for base model.

Here are two snapshot images of what is displayed directly from the KIA website.

https://imgur.com/a/dG6aV

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Not the first time the website builder has shown inconsistencies. [:(]

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Having a powered lift gate is something I wish was available.

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
Having a powered lift gate is something I wish was available.
The sad part about it, is that when you hit unlock on the key fob, it literally does nothing. You still physically have to press unlock on the hatch. It is awful. At least my optima had that feature, just a simple trunk release. It might be awesome to have the hatch but if you have things in your hands you still have to put something down in order to unlock it rather than have your key in hand and hold trunk button to release it.

(Then again, this could only be an issue with my vehicle and no one else's. IDK I asked Kia service and took my car in, no one seems to know anything at all about the vehicle) lol

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
The sad part about it, is that when you hit unlock on the key fob, it literally does nothing. You still physically have to press unlock on the hatch. It is awful. At least my optima had that feature, just a simple trunk release. It might be awesome to have the hatch but if you have things in your hands you still have to put something down in order to unlock it rather than have your key in hand and hold trunk button to release it.

(Then again, this could only be an issue with my vehicle and no one else's. IDK I asked Kia service and took my car in, no one seems to know anything at all about the vehicle) lol
The hatch is too heavy to pop up on its own haha.

When you press the lift gate button it temporarily unlocks the hatch for 30 seconds so that someone without a key can open it.

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #6
The hatch is too heavy to pop up on its own haha.

When you press the lift gate button it temporarily unlocks the hatch for 30 seconds so that someone without a key can open it.
Blasphemy
Lolllllllllllllll

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #8
haha, the sad thing is it would have cost Kia very little to give us that option.
I'm sure it wouldn't have. Oh I sent you a friend request on here. Lol btw, I'm waiting for the Type G Rear Lip Spoiler to be delivered. It's been like more than a week and still have not received it. Lol

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
I'm sure it wouldn't have. Oh I sent you a friend request on here. Lol btw, I'm waiting for the Type G Rear Lip Spoiler to be delivered. It's been like more than a week and still have not received it. Lol
Accepted.

Is this one the Type G?

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #10
Yes sir that's it! :)

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
[MENTION=661]ChrisOfNYC[/MENTION] did you order that off ebay?

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #12
I believe they sell it on eBay as well. But I bought it directly from kdmholic.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I believe they sell it on eBay as well. But I bought it directly from kdmholic.
Yeah its the same dude on ebay. Let me know how's the fit and finish.

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #14
I was actually considering canceling the order because it still says pending. It's getting annoying. Lol

But yeah, as soon as I get it I will confirm fitment and post pictures.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I was actually considering canceling the order because it still says pending. It's getting annoying. Lol

But yeah, as soon as I get it I will confirm fitment and post pictures.
More than a week and still pending? That would annoy the crap of me.

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #17
More than a week and still pending? That would annoy the crap of me.
Ordered February 24th 2018.

Still says pending on order status.

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #18
That's one of favorite design too, are you going to paint it glossy or leave it like that?
I would like to either have it carbon fiber, or just paint it same black as the car. IDK yet.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Check out Spreek Carbon too

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Keep us posted, we would like to see the fit and quality.

Also be ready to wait, I had to wait two weeks for my KDM embems to be shipped. Absurd, not really sure why the wait is so long.