Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Speaker "fader" moving to rear

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
This happened to me as well. Build date of 2/18 - I just got the car about 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
North Vancouver
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
This fader issue is happening with my 2018 Stinger. I'll have the fader set to centre (of the car), and then a couple drives later the stereo sound seems dampened. I'll check the fader and sure enough it has been defaulted to a position two nothces to the rear. I have to readjust this several times a week. Frustrated and disappointed.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
This fader issue is happening with my 2018 Stinger. I'll have the fader set to centre (of the car), and then a couple drives later the stereo sound seems dampened. I'll check the fader and sure enough it has been defaulted to a position two nothces to the rear. I have to readjust this several times a week. Frustrated and disappointed.
You'll be more frustrated and disappointed when the dealer gives you the run-around about this well-known problem.

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
KIA Stinger GT2 2018
Hi all,

I had this issue where the fader would set the speakers to a few ticks towards the rear vs the front. The dealer replaced the entire deck for me under warranty at around 20-25k miles. I had to push hard for it but Kia does have a pitstop or bulletin for this issue and from what i remember, it literally states a if this and this and this condition is present under these circumstances (not literally yours necessarily just the way it's written up) the solution = replace radio under warranty.

If what I described is your issue, under no circumstance should you let it go and unresolved (in my opinion).