Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

car wash

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
So I live in a desert area in southwest utah. After a wash and wax about 3 days there is a fine dusting on the paint, the wind blows here alot. So I wash my car about once a week unless it raining alot. How often do others wash their car

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
It depends a lot on the temperature. I refuse to use a commercial car wash, so all of my cars are hand-washed. Since I live in an area where winter temperatures can be below freezing for days at a time, I often go weeks between car washes. Any other time of the year I wash when it's dirty which is usually after it gets driven in the rain or my wife has been chasing coyotes down a gravel road. [giddy]

OP
B
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
Thread Starter #3
I don't use commercial car washes either. foam cannon and 2 bucket method

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
We have the same issue here in AZ, fine dust collects literally hours after you wash the car. I wash mine about once every two weeks unless it rains.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
I try once a week.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
In Calgary we're not allowed to wash our cars at home. You either have to go to the self car wash, needless to say there are a lot of dirty cars here.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Once a week.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I try to do it once a week, weather permitting. I do it my self, no scratch-o-matic car wash for me.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
In Calgary we're not allowed to wash our cars at home. You either have to go to the self car wash, needless to say there are a lot of dirty cars here.
May I ask why? I would move out of that Alberta specifically for that reason.. I've never heard of that

Also, there are commercial car washes that are touchless. I have a fleet card from the dealership I bought my Genesis from and it's a percentage off gas and a wash. Double if I get a car wash along with my gas. It's touchless and the whole process takes about 7 minutes. I wipe off excess water when I get home and call it a day. I, too, was against commercial washes but the touchless ones are decent if you find the right one. The winter's here keep me from doing the bucket/hose wash.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
I don't know how you do it. That's a shame
It was enacted only about 7-8 years ago, most of our neighbours do it anyways and no one gets reported. But I don't want to risk a $500 fine.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
It was enacted only about 7-8 years ago, most of our neighbours do it anyways and no one gets reported. But I don't want to risk a $500 fine.
It could just be a way for the city/province to make money. You'd be surprised at some of the ordinances some of the States have.
More laws = more less informed citizens = more tickets = more money. Quite genius if you ask me.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Question for those that take their cars to a commercial car wash, does the Stinger GT offset wheels in the back prevent the car from going on the track?

Like will it mess up rims etc?

I know they are wide enough for truck tires but not sure how severe the offset is for the Stinger GT Rear tires are from the front. I'm looking to get a GT but these are those things I think about as I am just too lazy to wash the car myself on a consistent basis but I may have no choice if the car can't fit on the track here. I too live in AZ so as stated earlier in the thread you need to wash your car pretty often with all the dust.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Question for those that take their cars to a commercial car wash, does the Stinger GT offset wheels in the back prevent the car from going on the track?

Like will it mess up rims etc?

I know they are wide enough for truck tires but not sure how severe the offset is for the Stinger GT Rear tires are from the front. I'm looking to get a GT but these are those things I think about as I am just too lazy to wash the car myself on a consistent basis but I may have no choice if the car can't fit on the track here. I too live in AZ so as stated earlier in the thread you need to wash your car pretty often with all the dust.
It wont the OEM tires are wide enough to protect the wheels.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Yes and no.

The rear tires are wide enough to protect the wheel. The front on the other hand, not so much as it has a slight stretch due to the narrower tire.

You will be better off washing the car yourself as the paint on these cars is rather delicate. Just my 2 cents,

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Yes and no.

The rear tires are wide enough to protect the wheel. The front on the other hand, not so much as it has a slight stretch due to the narrower tire.

You will be better off washing the car yourself as the paint on these cars is rather delicate. Just my 2 cents,

This^

I wouldn?t chance chipping the paint through a car wash. I?ve even stopped using a pressure washer.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Thanks everyone, Yeah now that I'm an owner of a 19 Ceramic Grey GT2 I'm hand washing LOL I just bought anti streak glass cleaner, invisible glass reach, mothers wheel brush, Chenille microfiber wash mitts, Meguiars Gold car wash , Micro Fiber drying towels, silicone water blade for windows, synthetic Chamois, Foam gun an extra bucket with a grit guard, bug cleaning sponge, and turtle wax bug & tar remover. Hopefully I'll have it all covered. Car is too nice to chance in the car wash, maybe after a few years and rock chips but not when it's new.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thanks everyone, Yeah now that I'm an owner of a 19 Ceramic Grey GT2 I'm hand washing LOL I just bought anti streak glass cleaner, invisible glass reach, mothers wheel brush, Chenille microfiber wash mitts, Meguiars Gold car wash , Micro Fiber drying towels, silicone water blade for windows, synthetic Chamois, Foam gun an extra bucket with a grit guard, bug cleaning sponge, and turtle wax bug & tar remover. Hopefully I'll have it all covered. Car is too nice to chance in the car wash, maybe after a few years and rock chips but not when it's new.
I would recommend also to pickup Griots garage iron and fallout remover. It smells like a dirty wet dog that’s been rolling around in its filth for a month, but it works amazing

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Winter time I'll wash it every three weeks to wash away the salt and debris around the car. I don't spend too much time detailing it since it'll get dirty again.