Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What are some of the quirks, features, issues you hate most about your Stinger?

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Yes its a fact that we all love our cars, however now that most of have owned and driven the car for some time lets hear what quirks and issues you hate most about your Stinger?

I'll start:
1) The 16 gallon fuel tank is way too small.
2) Manual shifting needs to behave more like a manual car.
3) Rear climate control knobs are annoying.
4) Cabin noise seems to happen internmitently.
5) Rear visibility is still difficult to get used to.
6) Rear seats are uncomfortable for adults on long road trips.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I have quite a few but here's a couple off the top.

1. Radio reception is terrible
2. Vent holes behind the wheels are gravel collectors
3. Seat warmers aren't hot enough

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
1) Base headlights are too dim and need a foglight option
2) Still prefer to have a CD player option
3) Rear camera image could be sharper
4) Rear cargo could be better

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
at chi guy -- are you saying serius is terrible or am-fm? heated seats -- you are not getting enough even at three? how about the heated steering wheel?

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
oildripper -- could you expand on rear cargo needs to be bigger.

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
oildripper -- could you expand on rear cargo needs to be bigger.
Hi [MENTION=607]RUGGLES99[/MENTION], just wish it was a little wider.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
at chi guy -- are you saying serius is terrible or am-fm? heated seats -- you are not getting enough even at three? how about the heated steering wheel?
Can say that the FM reception fades volume level and that I'm not the only owner who's noticed this. I'm certain it will get fixed.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
[MENTION=645]OilDripper[/MENTION] -- hard to stuff all those body parts in there, huh? lol!

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Mainly FM and HD radio, for me the seats just don't seem warm enough. Heated steering wheel is fine.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Mainly FM and HD radio, for me the seats just don't seem warm enough. Heated steering wheel is fine.
Might be related to the fact that overheating would be detrimental to the ventilation system used in the seats in the summer in the GT2's. Tube in the seat have to be very thin to transfer heat or cooling to your butt and if heating wiring is too hot, it could break down seat components. Give me 2 more days and I'll test it on mine. :)

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
I don't like really hot heat seaters and find I have to turn mine down, if not off. My wife, who loves the things, praises the ones in my GT. Perhaps you should mention it to your service writer.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I don't like really hot heat seaters and find I have to turn mine down, if not off. My wife, who loves the things, praises the ones in my GT. Perhaps you should mention it to your service writer.
Great idea, I'll talk to them when I order the all weather floor mats.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Is Central Illinois so much warmer than the Windy City? :) [MENTION=615]Chi-Guy[/MENTION] can't get his warm enough.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Is Central Illinois so much warmer than the Windy City? :) [MENTION=615]Chi-Guy[/MENTION] can't get his warm enough.
Not at all! We don't get the winds off the lake like they do, but we get the temps and our own nasty winds. I was driving the thing in 17 degree below zero temps as well as many very bitter days. I'd use it to start to get the seat warm and then shut it off.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
It not so much the temperature, its the wind chills that bring the temperature way down. I had a buddy visit me from CA and he said his lungs hurt from the wind lol.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited
See if you can try another Stinger's seats, is there a difference between the passenger heat and the drivers? I live north of Toronto and on full heat, after about 5 minutes I have to turn the seat down to one then off a few minutes later.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
See if you can try another Stinger's seats, is there a difference between the passenger heat and the drivers? I live north of Toronto and on full heat, after about 5 minutes I have to turn the seat down to one then off a few minutes later.
I went down to the dealer today and my adviser agreed I have a faulty heat element, they're going to order the part and have it replaced.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
1) Transmission could use some fine tuning
2) Wind noise from the hatch area
3) Subwoofers aren't powerful enough (my personal preference)
4) Could use better thigh support

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
After 3 weeks of ownership here's my take on a few minor issues, otherwise the car is perfect.

1. Exhaust is too quiet
2. Lock/Unlock button on the door handle is dated compared to touch handle found on Audi and MB.
3. Minor cabin rattles
4. Wimpy panic horn

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
After 3 weeks of ownership here's my take on a few minor issues, otherwise the car is perfect.

1. Exhaust is too quiet
2. Lock/Unlock button on the door handle is dated compared to touch handle found on Audi and MB.
3. Minor cabin rattles
4. Wimpy panic horn
1 Agree. Needs a bi-modal exhaust option as is already available in Australia and that was supplied on the European Car of the Year candidate vehicle.

2. Subaru and other cheap vehicles plus Volvo and many other more expensive vehicles also use the same touch system as Audi and Mercedes. So, agree 100% that it is an outdated and out-of-place approach.

3. The hatch rattle is subject to a TSB. If there are lots of other rattles that ca't be easily fixed, I won't be keeping my car. This is inexcusable in 2018 in anything other than a cheapie vehicle.

4. Using the same horn as the Rio is an obvious cost-savings measure. The problem is that it is so ridiculously out of place for a vehicle the size or personality of the Stinger that it leads one to wonder where else (hidden) did they "go cheap" to put together the overall package and price point?