Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Why do you mod your car?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Just sitting around thinking about why we mod our cars. I personally mod mine for the fun of it. I like working on things and seeing how making changes to a vehicle play into the overall performance as a whole. I understand that anything invested into a car (unless it is a very valuable car) is pretty much a loss at the end of the day, but I say there could be worse hobbies.

Just curious as to what others think. I sometimes sit back and think why do I want to potentially spend $5K worth of mods on a car? At the end of the day I guess it is all about the fun of it for me anyway.

Anyone care to share why we like to mod our cars the way we do?

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT2
Johnny Walker, you're absolutely right. The majority of us are car nuts and therefore enjoy tinkering/modding, etc. But in the end, all the money invested ends up going down the drain since you can never get back what you put in dollar wise. And, some people shy away from modded cars because the belief is, if it's modded, it was probably raced, or driven hard and possibly abused.

I think modding cars serves 3 purposes. One, it allows a car enthusiast to personalize or tweak their ride to look or feel exactly how they like. It makes it unique and individualized. Two, it allows someone who owns a less expensive model to add and/or replace parts to make their ride look or behave as if as though they had a more expensive model with more options. Three, it allows someone to crank up the performance potential of their car to put out more horsepower & torque and/or improve the handling aspect of the vehicle above and beyond what the factory specs are rated at.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
This is an interesting topic and I agree with [MENTION=580]StingerGT2[/MENTION].

I mod my cars to make them unique, like something I would design from the factory if I had the opportunity. The second aspect is exactly like [MENTION=580]StingerGT2[/MENTION] stated which is to crank up the performance potential.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I mod because I have problems leaving anything stock, heck I would lower and add wheels to a minivan if I had one.[hihi]