Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Windshield rain repellent recommendations

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
What's everyone using for Windshield Rain Repellent? Looking to try something new besides Rain-X.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
This is a little expensive but well worth it.

MK37-230 Glass Coating

[video=youtube;Us3VB3MnHaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us3VB3MnHaI[/video]

[video=youtube;qpUEWI3o5cA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpUEWI3o5cA[/video]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I use Pinnacle Crystal Clear which is a cleaner but has a rain repellent in it.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
I swear by Opti-Glass. Mostly because their polymer base seems to last for up to a year in my area. Finding it on sale is key because otherwise it's pretty pricey. The key to any glass coating is to super clean your exterior glass surfaces. Even using a claybar on your glass is recommended. Finally, wiping down all the glass with an IPA before applying the coating. I do two coats on the windshield, and one coat on the rest of the car. Waiting an hour or two between coats.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I swear by Opti-Glass. Mostly because their polymer base seems to last for up to a year in my area. Finding it on sale is key because otherwise it's pretty pricey. The key to any glass coating is to super clean your exterior glass surfaces. Even using a claybar on your glass is recommended. Finally, wiping down all the glass with an IPA before applying the coating. I do two coats on the windshield, and one coat on the rest of the car. Waiting an hour or two between coats.
Holy cow, just looked Opti-Glass and its $75 a bottle lol. How long does each application last in real world use?

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Holy cow, just looked Opti-Glass and its $75 a bottle lol. How long does each application last in real world use?
I often find it on sale for $40-$55. One bottle can do several cars for sure. The side windows will easily last 12-15months, while the front windshield will need repeated applications about every 8-10months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I often find it on sale for $40-$55. One bottle can do several cars for sure. The side windows will easily last 12-15months, while the front windshield will need repeated applications about every 8-10months.

I guess if the same bottle can be used over several years on the same vehicle then its not too bad.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
I guess if the same bottle can be used over several years on the same vehicle then its not too bad.
That?s exactly my mentality on the stuff. I?ve had the same bottle for close to two years now. Just keeping it at room temp probably helps.