Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What's your Active Engine Sound preference?

What's your Active Engine Sound preference?

• Minimized

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Enhanced

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Do you prefer the Active Engine Sound to be minimized, normal, or enhanced? Personally I have mine on minimized.

AlexG

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Do you prefer the Active Engine Sound to be minimized, normal, or enhanced? Personally I have mine on minimized.
I set it on "Enhanced". I wish there was a way to make it "Enhanced+" or louder and deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memphis

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Real.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I've left it on enhanced for now.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Had it on Enhanced for a few days and didn't care too much for it. I have it on Normal now.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
I?m still enjoying enhanced... I too wish it was a bit deeper!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I have it on enhanced and my son thinks its the real engine sound.[shhh]

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Normal for me. I wish it was the real sound though.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
My preference is a bi mode exhaust system that makes REAL SOUND when the valves are open and allows for a quiet comfortable cruise when the valves are closed.

AlexG

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Two of my favorite sounding exhausts were Audi RS6, and Mercedes C63 AMG. I wish my Stinger had that kind of sound.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
My preference is a bi mode exhaust system that makes REAL SOUND when the valves are open and allows for a quiet comfortable cruise when the valves are closed.
Ditto!!!!!!! And standard equipment on top line models...

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
For the money, the JUN B.L 3.3T EVC Exhaust offers a valve and performance gains.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
For a couple hundred bucks y'all can buy electric cutouts for the car. Probably another couple hundred for quality install and you got yourself a loud/stock exhaust at the flip of a switch, without paying $2k+.

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I?m still enjoying enhanced... I too wish it was a bit deeper!

Same here. Love the Enhanced setting just wish it was deeper to match the size of the car.

AlexG

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
If the sound enhancement is a synthesized audio track at a preset volume, someone should figure out how to increase the volume output and/or alter the sound file sample. Would be cool. Just don't know where this is stored.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
For a couple hundred bucks y'all can buy electric cutouts for the car. Probably another couple hundred for quality install and you got yourself a loud/stock exhaust at the flip of a switch, without paying $2k+.
Links/details, please?

Can they be programmed to work at a certain rpm or drive mode, or is it a manual switch you have to install and then turn on and off?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Links/details, please?

Can they be programmed to work at a certain rpm or drive mode, or is it a manual switch you have to install and then turn on and off?
Just do a search for exhaust cutouts. It's pretty common on muscle/sports cars.

Not sure about making it activate by RPMs. Most I've seen are opened/closed with a switch.

*Edit* Here's an example from a BMW M3

And one from a C5 Corvette

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Just do a search for exhaust cutouts. It's pretty common on muscle/sports cars.

Not sure about making it activate by RPMs. Most I've seen are opened/closed with a switch.

*Edit* Here's an example from a BMW M3

Interesting. Thanks for head's-up. I'll be leasing, so this isn't an option for me. Kia is already testing a factory-installed or official upgrade, so I'll wait to see what that's all about. It should be integrated with the rest of the electronics and drive modes on the car.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
While that is a great alternative without breaking the bank. Something to consider is that the OEM exhaust on the Stinger is very restricted, so you will not only be gaining more noise with an aftermarket, you will also be increasing performance as well.