Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What's your Active Engine Sound preference?

What's your Active Engine Sound preference?

• Minimized

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Enhanced

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
While that is a great alternative without breaking the bank. Something to consider is that the OEM exhaust on the Stinger is very restricted, so you will not only be gaining more noise with an aftermarket, you will also be increasing performance as well.
Absolutely correct.

Also of note, the cutouts turn the car's exhaust into straight pipes, so it will be about as loud as possible without going open headers. It would probably be law-breaking loud, depending on local ordinances.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Interesting. Thanks for head's-up. I'll be leasing, so this isn't an option for me. Kia is already testing a factory-installed or official upgrade, so I'll wait to see what that's all about. It should be integrated with the rest of the electronics and drive modes on the car.
I haven't heard of that. Where'd that info come from?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Interesting. Thanks for head's-up. I'll be leasing, so this isn't an option for me. Kia is already testing a factory-installed or official upgrade, so I'll wait to see what that's all about. It should be integrated with the rest of the electronics and drive modes on the car.
Correct. KIA Australia already released a factory performance version of the exhaust for the Stinger. Exhaust tone and flow is controlled depending on the driving mode setting you have it on. Sadly that option is not available for the the US market. Not sure if the Canadian market will have it though.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Videos below.

[video=youtube;OqKg5E-IuJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqKg5E-IuJk[/video]

[video=youtube;OUoHse8bEp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUoHse8bEp0[/video]

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT2
Perhaps the reason it was released in Oz first is because KIA's partner on this project was Lumen which is based out of Australia. Here's to wishing it becomes popular enough to be approved by KIA Motors USA and DOT and then makes its way into the KIA dealer channel for sale to USA customers.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Videos below.

[video=youtube;OqKg5E-IuJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqKg5E-IuJk[/video]

[video=youtube;OUoHse8bEp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUoHse8bEp0[/video]
So the same car with licence plate STNGR3 shows the stock exhaust in the first video, but the bi-modal in the second video?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Stock exhaust is way too quiet, having it enhanced makes the drive more fun even if it's simulated.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Minimized is my preference. Silent would be wonderful.

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.

PMB

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Holy thread necro.

With that said, I have my sound Active Engine Sound set to OFF. I guess it's a 2019 option?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Holy thread necro.

With that said, I have my sound Active Engine Sound set to OFF. I guess it's a 2019 option?
Yes, and hopefully they will extend that honour with a software update for the 2018's. Some of us have been complaining about no "off switch" since before we even got our cars...

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Holy thread necro.

Yep, it’s a 2019 thing. I was just noticing my 2019 had the ‘off’ option which I selected. The sound being produced makes me feel like I was driving a Honda Civic with a big fart can hanging off the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What the heck. I still barely notice mine. I wish it was louder.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Been on Normal since they day I bought it.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I have mine on off, I like el naturel sound.....

chia9876

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 (Red)
Enhanced, if I could make it even louder, I would.