Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many people have received a thumbs up from other drivers on the road?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited
Was driving home on the freeway after working all night this morning and a guy in an Elantra pulled up beside me with a big grin pointing at the car and giving me a thumbs up a couple times.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
No thumbs-up yet, but I've nearly broken a few necks and caused a couple of near accidents from people trying to figure out what it is.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
No thumbs up for me either but lots of head turning.

GW16

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I have had two thumbs up on the road....and I've only owned mine for a month! Lots of people stopping and looking at the car!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Can we sticky this? Had the same topic on my evo forum and it's just keeps going!

I've gotten a a couple of "nice car!" from the gas station. A jogger gave me the thumbs up while I was washing the stinger in driveway. At work a random lady ask "can I have your car?".

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT2 AWD
Yup. I've had the car about 3 weeks. 2 guys at gas stations and 2 guys at the car wash complemented the car; walking to the car in a parking lot - a guy taking pictures asked about it; about 1/2 dozen thumbs-up by passing cars - including 1 in a BMer; and a guy yesterday in a BMW SUV giving me "applauds" as he passed by.

BlaydeX15

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Front desk at my office saw me getting in it one day and said "Oh! That's your car? Everyone has been asking about it." Good things, I hope! I never leave my house really, so all the compliments I hear are relayed by someone else, father in law heard the neighbors talking about it, etc.

Did get a direct compliment about my chick magnet though. Too bad I'm married!

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Got another thumbs up today from a guy in a late model M3.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Cayman S
I own the new r8 and will buy the stinger that alone is a huge compliment to the car and the brand.

Last edited:

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Got thumbs up twice from the same guy in a sky blue 370Z. The first was after we did a 50 to 110 pull (guess who got whooped, hint starts with 3 and ends with Z[biggrin]) the second time was when I got on my exit ramp and we parted ways.

Note: 370Z was modded intake, exhaust, suspension, wheels, etc.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Went shopping at our local Whole Foods. On the way in, I parked next to a Porsche 911 S and the owner was about to leave. He got out of the car, told me he loves the way the Stinger looked, and asked me about it. We had a good 15 min conversation. He said he's considering getting one because it's a lot more practical as a daily driver and he only wants a hatch back, doesn't want a sedan, or a CUV.

Then he said he'd gone to the Stinger Experience and driven the GT2. He said he was very impressed, much more so than the Audi and BMW they had to compare with.

On the way out of the Whole Foods there was now someone with a Mazda CX9 leaving, and he too commented about how beautiful the Stinger is, and asked he how the dealer experience has been so far. He's considering one, but is worried about the dealer experience. My experience with that so far has unfortunately not been great, but I know they're working on it.

Finally, went to a Xtreme Experience track event to drive a Ferarri 488 GTB around a track 3 laps. While in line there, someone there who didn't know I own a Stinger told me his most recent similar tracking experience was at the Stinger event. He said he fell in love with it. Thought it was nicer to drive than any of the cars they had to compare it with. This was all last week.

Btw, the Ferarri 488 GTB tracking event was worth every penny ($360), and an experience that I highly recommend to anyone who wants to get to drive that or the Lambo Hurrracan, Porsche GT3, Audi R8 V10, or Nissan GTR. If you're interested, check out www.xxspeed.com.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
I've had an old camero guy ask me if it really is what they say lol

I had a mercedes driver in an s class ask me "whoa what is that?"

I've had numerous people look like whoa. It's so fun to drive something that no one really has and impress people. Mine is the a black base 2.0 awd and with the normal rims it looks more stately so it throws people off. I get what is it a maserati looks lol

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Got two thumbs up from a kid on a crotch rocket on my FIRST night driving it home from work! LOL

The old guys at my pool store spent 20 minutes walking around it while I was picking up chemicals.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Got two thumbs up from a kid on a crotch rocket on my FIRST night driving it home from work! LOL

The old guys at my pool store spent 20 minutes walking around it while I was picking up chemicals.
Nice! I bet yellow attracts way more attention too.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
I've been snubbed just about every time I've seen another driver in Maryland... Saw a black GT2 and I waved, guy ignored the hell out of me. He and I ended up parking near each other in the theater parking lot...

No love here in MD.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread but I still get thumbs up from drivers.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
same here. Breaking necks left and right.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Not me. I live in SoCal. No one seems to care. Even other Stinger drivers. A couple compliments since I got it. And a couple when I was on vacation up north.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
just about everytime i go anywhere and stop, someone says something about the car.[ohcrap] if i go out and just slow troll around, people challenge the car often. theres an ok street scene around here so its a good social tool as well as a way to get around.

Reactions
one thumb up from a random pedestrian.