Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Excess road noise?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'm noticing I'm getting a little extra wind and road noise through the front driver side door. I noticed it even more after I let my friend drive and I was in the passenger seat which didn't have the same noise thru that door. Sounds like part of the seal isn't meeting up, but all the seals look good to me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Through the door or window? I haven't experienced any leaking noise on mine.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Get it replace under warranty. Shouldn't be any noise whatsoever.

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Through the door or window? I haven't experienced any leaking noise on mine.
Honestly it's so hard to tell. I hear it right next to my ear but can't pin point it.
Get it replace under warranty. Shouldn't be any noise whatsoever.
Yeah question about that. I just moved and I'm much closer to a much much bigger kia dealer. Would they cover my car, the warranty and the extension I got from the other dealer, even if I purchased it from another dealer?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I just moved and I'm much closer to a much much bigger kia dealer. Would they cover my car, the warranty and the extension I got from the other dealer, even if I purchased it from another dealer?

Yes, your factory warranty is covered by all Kia dealers regardless if you purchase the car from them. Curious what kind of extended warranty did you get?

Also did you check the moonroof to make sure its closed all the way?

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
No moon roof. I'll have to look at the paperwork. They gave me something a little extra can't render exactly what it was, as incentive to walk out with the car

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
If it sounds like a leak or something isn't sealed, shouldn't be that way. If it's just excessive noise, the Stinger is pretty loud. I think 72 dB if I recall correctly at highway speeds. That's loud for a car produced in today's society, especially in a car costing what the Stinger does.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
If it sounds like a leak or something isn't sealed, shouldn't be that way. If it's just excessive noise, the Stinger is pretty loud. I think 72 dB if I recall correctly at highway speeds. That's loud for a car produced in today's society, especially in a car costing what the Stinger does.
The only review reading I've seen is 69db. Can't remember where I saw that. I've been surfing all the Stinger videos while waiting for my car.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
The wind noise from the driver's door was the most surprising thing I found when test-driving. The car I actually purchased was different and has similar noise level.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
The only review reading I've seen is 69db. Can't remember where I saw that. I've been surfing all the Stinger videos while waiting for my car.
Car and driver had it at 71dB, sorry for the wrong info. I remember comparing it with my G35 that was 67dB at 70 mph. A 10 year old car that doesn't cost as much but it's quieter? Come on Kia

View attachment 568

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
The wind noise from the driver's door was the most surprising thing I found when test-driving. The car I actually purchased was different and has similar noise level.
I hear that noise but there is another that stands out from it that I'm talking about. Sounds like (but still hard to tell while driving) that's it's coming from the bottom rear corner of the driver side window which is right next to my shoulder

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I get more noise from the hatch area than the door/window. Wouldn?t hurt to have the dealer take a look if it?s bothering you.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2017 3.3 GT
I hear that noise but there is another that stands out from it that I'm talking about. Sounds like (but still hard to tell while driving) that's it's coming from the bottom rear corner of the driver side window which is right next to my shoulder
I might be way off here but do you have the model with the seat fans and were you using them when you heard the noise. The reason I suggest that is I was hearing a similar noise on occasions and found it was caused by the seat ventilaion

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #14
I might be way off here but do you have the model with the seat fans and were you using them when you heard the noise. The reason I suggest that is I was hearing a similar noise on occasions and found it was caused by the seat ventilaion
No seat vents only heated and I made sure everything was off to get a good listen

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #15
Honestly not sure exactly what this states but this is what I was handed when he told me there giving me some sort of "extra coverage"

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Car and driver had it at 71dB, sorry for the wrong info. I remember comparing it with my G35 that was 67dB at 70 mph. A 10 year old car that doesn't cost as much but it's quieter? Come on Kia

View attachment 568
Might depend on whether you are in Sport mode with exhaust note enhancement. I find it rather amusing that people are spending hundreds to add intake and exhaust add-ons to make more noise and then complaining about noise. [like]

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #18

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD

I've not heard anything like that. But I'll try to pay more attention in the future.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada

View attachment 568
And the G was always among the loudest of its peers...