Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Excess road noise?

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
And the G was always among the loudest of its peers...
Never understood why. They probably said that after putting Z tubes on it and an exhaust.

Billy B

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I started to notice this annoying sound recently. I?ve had the car for 2 months. It sounds like something is loose or not sealed properly in the door jamb. Not what I expected and very annoying. I?m taking back to the dealer- stay tuned.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I started to notice this annoying sound recently. I?ve had the car for 2 months. It sounds like something is loose or not sealed properly in the door jamb. Not what I expected and very annoying. I?m taking back to the dealer- stay tuned.
Yes please keep us posted.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Theres a foam like thingy inside the fenders that came loose on mine. Looks like a plastic bag filled with foam isolation. If you open the door and look from the outside you can see it.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I?ve got the same plastic flapping/rattle noise coming from the drivers side door. Took it to a dealership and they couldn?t hear it which irritated the hell out of me, since it?s very noticeable. Taking it back to the dealer that I bought it from to get a second opinion. Can?t tell if it?s more towards the top or bottom of the door frame, but definitely right in my ear when I?m going 65+mph.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Theres a foam like thingy inside the fenders that came loose on mine. Looks like a plastic bag filled with foam isolation. If you open the door and look from the outside you can see it.
Which fender in particular are you talking about sir? Going on a road trip soon with the new car and want to get this figured out beforehand!

Billy B

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I figured out the noise. The plastic panels underneath the chassis were loose. I snapped them back into place and the noise disappeared.

The panels are located on the underside of the chassis, below the door thresholds. If you look under the body, you can see them. I?m not sure of their purpose. If they are loose, you can hear them click/snap into place when you push/press on them.

Billy B- Proud Stinger Owner

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Good to know, thanks!

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
This exactly. Just a plastic cover looking thing that was sagging down a bit, popped it up and it stayed put, no more noise!