Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

The Piggyback Chip feedback, reviews, issues, diagnostic and questions thread

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
I don't know if its cause my the piggyback tune or not. At this point its kinda hard to say.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I don't know if its cause my the piggyback tune or not. At this point its kinda hard to say.
I meant is the owner still driving with the piggyback installed now that its running fine or has it been disconnected?

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
No I believe he will leave the piggyback off until further testing.

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Off topic: You live in Raleigh? I thought you guys operated out of CA. I bought a couple of things from last year and they definitely shipped from CA. Have yall moved?
I'm the East Coast rep, I live in Holly Springs actually about 20 min from downtown Raleigh.

Everything ships from California though since I do not handle distribution just marketing, social media, and customer service.

We have not moved!

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
No I believe he will leave the piggyback off until further testing.
We just got a report on the other forum of a member NOT using a tune or chip that popped his plugs. 100% stock :(

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I'm the East Coast rep, I live in Holly Springs actually about 20 min from downtown Raleigh.

Everything ships from California though since I do not handle distribution just marketing, social media, and customer service.

We have not moved!
I went to Raleigh a few weeks back and spent the weekend there. I was planning on moving there when I get out of the military but my wife says the only way she'd agree to it is if I bought her a kitten. Not gonna happen.

I love the area. Spent most of my time downtown. Had a hotel right across from the bell tower at the school. Just gotta change her mind.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I went to Raleigh a few weeks back and spent the weekend there. I was planning on moving there when I get out of the military but my wife says the only way she'd agree to it is if I bought her a kitten. Not gonna happen.

I love the area. Spent most of my time downtown. Had a hotel right across from the bell tower at the school. Just gotta change her mind.
Dude! We should get up sometime, would love to meet you and see your Stinger! I'll be at cars and coffee next weekend (Saturday) in Morrisville near the airport.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Unfortunately I live about 2.5 hours away. I really enjoyed the area. I'm still working on her to get her to agree to move there. I'm doing lots of research on areas she wants to live in so I can pin-point reasons for us not to live there.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
I would say so.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
I believe he will wait for more data for the upgrade plug

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
I believe he will wait for more data for the upgrade plug
He believes you are correct. Who?s the participant willing to take one for the team?

Thanks again Tran.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
I will not install anything in my personal vehicle or a customer vehicle that will cause damage to the engine without any real test data.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I will not install anything in my personal vehicle or a customer vehicle that will cause damage to the engine without any real test data.
Coming from a Kia tech, this is a good enough reason for me to hold off on a tune.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Silver Kia Stinger GT
Has anyone testing the recommended plugs?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Has anyone testing the recommended plugs?
We decided to go with the M40il plugs instead of the M45il, I felt two step colder is not necessary as most likely the issue is with the plug gap rather than the heat range but 1 step colder will not harm anything.

Anyways, we gapped the M40iL plugs at .024 and ran the LAP3 on the 91octane setting even though we are using 93octane. 3rd day now, so far so good.

Last edited: