Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger 3.3 GT vs Genesis G70 3.3 Sport ...'Same But Different'

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
When asked recently if the G70 Sport would be tuned differently than the Stinger, GT (both having similar platforms and 3.3L TT) Albert Biermann declined to answer. This youtube video outlines some notable differences, for anyone interested in spec'ing both these cars. These dudes really put vehicles to the test and have great subtitled commentary on performance, in my opinion.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
There was also another vid where they both drag raced and the G70 was faster.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
I'm still not 100% sold on the G70's front end.[scratch]

TO Turbo

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Sonata 2.0t Ultimate
I'm still not 100% sold on the G70's front end.
I wasn't really interested until I saw it in person at the auto show. It's still a little out there but the Sport versions smoke the chrome so it's not as blatant. Overall a very tidy design from every other angle. Depending on pricing this may end up being my choice where beforehand I was sold on the Stinger.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I've considered it since the G70 does come with more standard options too for not that much more.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
LSD available/standard with AWD. Ability to turn the ridiculous fake engines sounds completely OFF. Addresses my two biggest complaints about the Stinger.

But, I prefer the hatchback and styling of the Stinger.

Read on another forum that Kia was testing the LSD with AWD along with a bi-modal exhaust and revised transmission shift logic on Stinger for an August update. Anyone here know about that or, more importantly, how we can confirm whether it is true or not or timing?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
LSD available/standard with AWD. Ability to turn the ridiculous fake engines sounds completely OFF. Addresses my two biggest complaints about the Stinger.

But, I prefer the hatchback and styling of the Stinger.

Read on another forum that Kia was testing the LSD with AWD along with a bi-modal exhaust and revised transmission shift logic on Stinger for an August update. Anyone here know about that or, more importantly, how we can confirm whether it is true or not or timing?
There we some discussion on here awhile back that Kia has all intentions to make LSD standard on all Stinger models. I wouldn't be surprise of they made some revisions to the shift logic as part of its ongoing improvements. As for Bi-Modal exhaust coming here its all speculations.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
There we some discussion on here awhile back that Kia has all intentions to make LSD standard on all Stinger models. I wouldn't be surprise of they made some revisions to the shift logic as part of its ongoing improvements. As for Bi-Modal exhaust coming here its all speculations.
All three were caught documented on a test mule in France a while back. Word is August. The issue is what hare-brained scheme will Kia use to decide which markets get which combinations of features?

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I do remember someone on here mentioned there was a shortage of parts that prevented Kia from making LSD available on all trims. Perhaps supply has caught up and now they can add it to future production.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
All three were caught documented on a test mule in France a while back. Word is August. The issue is what hare-brained scheme will Kia use to decide which markets get which combinations of features?
All I can say is whoever's in charged with the launch of the Stinger here in the US dropped the ball big time.