Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How often do you think Kia should refresh the look of the Stinger?

How often do you think Kia should refresh the look of the Stinger?

• Two Years

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Three Years

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Four Years

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Five Years

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
As we all know Honda and Toyota seems to do mild refreshes every two years, while the German brands tend to go a bit longer.

From what I've seen Kia does mild refreshes every two years and releases new generations every five years.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
The public hasn't really seen it yet.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I think the Stinger will see little to no change on the exterior, while the feature list may increase after the first couple of years. I would bet that we will see the first major face lift on the third production year of the Stinger

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
I honestly hope it doesn't change at all except maybe making room for fog lights. I say this because I loved the 2013 SXL Optima I had and hate how they look now. It just doesn't look as aggressive as it used to IMO.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I honestly hope it doesn't change at all except maybe making room for fog lights. I say this because I loved the 2013 SXL Optima I had and hate how they look now. It just doesn't look as aggressive as it used to IMO.
New Optimas have fog lights.

But given how well Kia is doing their LED headlights there is no reason for them to put fog lights on cars. Many of the luxury brands are axing fog lights from certain trims as well.

I don't know why Kia is going backwards from 2016 to 2018 (no fogs in 16&17 returning in 18).

I think fog lights would ruin the look of the Stinger.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
New Optimas have fog lights.

But given how well Kia is doing their LED headlights there is no reason for them to put fog lights on cars. Many of the luxury brands are axing fog lights from certain trims as well.

I don't know why Kia is going backwards from 2016 to 2018 (no fogs in 16&17 returning in 18).

I think fog lights would ruin the look of the Stinger.
The old optimas had them as well. They just changed the body style so much that it didn't have that sleek aggressive look to them anymore. But fog lights would come in handy in situations that I personally found they would be useful for....spotting pot holes lol.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Minor upgrades every year. Nothing too drastic. This body will age well, a refresh wouldn't be needed for 4-5 years. I do think they need to work on the grill, way too " KIA Soul". Wider rim width on the stock wheels would be nice. 275-295 width in the rear would give an excellent stance.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
dont need a full refresh, just addoptions, colors etc and dump fake vents.