Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Colorado Stingers

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Thanks. I see you got the white as well. I think its the best color.

any modifications yet? I just ordered the jonnytig intake last night. it will be my first addition
Yeah I love white. Just the RaceChip piggyback. The [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] intake looks beatiful.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
[MENTION=1698]RockyJodr124[/MENTION] I want a piggyback at some
Point but want to do
Other modifications first.

Did you buy it online or get in town somewhere? I’m still looking for a good shop.
[MENTION=788]KamikazeGT[/MENTION] I payed 350. It’s not a great job up close but I didn’t want them to pull the headliner to remove the fin so I told them just to do the best they could.

Other place I went quoted me 800 but that was with removing the fin. I went with cheep option...... probably end up getting it redone this summer. Always happens when I try to save money :)

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
[MENTION=1698]RockyJodr124[/MENTION] I want a piggyback at some
Point but want to do
Other modifications first.

Did you buy it online or get in town somewhere? I’m still looking for a good shop.

[MENTION=788]KamikazeGT[/MENTION] I payed 350. It’s not a great job up close but I didn’t want them to pull the headliner to remove the fin so I told them just to do the best they could.

Other place I went quoted me 800 but that was with removing the fin. I went with cheep option...... probably end up getting it redone this summer. Always happens when I try to save money :)
$350 is a killer deal.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
New Colorado stinger owner.

Hello Colorado,
I just picked up my 19 GT1 in ceramic silver yesterday. The guys at Peak Kia were awesome.
I like the ride compared to the Fiesta ST I traded for this.
I have had a possible issue already though. It was cold last night and I took my brother to class and so we idled in the lot for nearly 2 hours. It started smelling like antifreeze but never got above normal op temp.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Hello Colorado,
I just picked up my 19 GT1 in ceramic silver yesterday. The guys at Peak Kia were awesome.
I have had a possible issue already though. It was cold last night and I took my brother to class and so we idled in the lot for nearly 2 hours. It started smelling like antifreeze but never got above normal op temp.
Welcome to group.

I sit in my car idling quite often because I like to listen to sports radio during lunch. I have never had any issues like that.

Did it ever idle rough or change at all ?

I don’t know cars at all so I can’t give any thoughts on why or what but interested in seeing what others say.

If you don’t get any good replies try posting your experience in a different thread.

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Hello Colorado,
Congrats and welcome to the group. If it's parked in the garage then try keeping an eye on the floor for any leaks.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Slowhite,
The car seemed to run fine. Smelled it thru the vents slightly. After leaving the lot and driving on the highway for a bit and then getting on it once there was a strong quick smell of antifreeze, and temp has not exceeded normal. I read thru the break in period and stated idling is not good for a cold engine. But the car had been running for some time before idling so it was not warming up.
I may call the dealer if I smell it again or if the temp moves up at all.
I hope I didn't get a lemon...

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Hello Colorado,
For piece of mind I would take it to the dealer to have it look at, call ahead and reserve a loaner.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Congrats [MENTION=2053]1992LaserAWD[/MENTION] both myself and [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION] are also former FiST owners from FiestaSTForum.com

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Yeah I agree that it might be a good idea to take it to the dealer to get it looked at.
If it was me I would probably wait to see if it happened again just because going to dealer can be a pain.

SkinnyKid

Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 GT1
2021 GT1, Denver Metro.

SkinnyKid

Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 GT1
thumbnail.jpg

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Your going to enjoy it, nice ride...

SkinnyKid

Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 GT1
Does anyone recommend a good shop here in Colorado to have mods/tunes done? I'm not car savvy enough to attempt these things on my own. Would prefer taking it somewhere that can do the work. Looking to have intakes, JB4, plugs, OCC and Brake Boost Switch put in.

MDubb

Reactions
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Hello. New Stinger owner in Fort Collins here. Just bought a used 2019 GT2 AWD in Panthera Metal with black interior. Only had 4,100 miles on it. Running the staggered 19's with summer tires and picked up a an almost-new set of staggered 19's to mount winter tires. Curious to see how it does in the snow. Really love this car so far.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations, from what I've heard It does very well in the snow..

Reactions
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Stinger GT1
Hello. New Stinger owner in Fort Collins here. Just bought a used 2019 GT2 AWD in Panthera Metal with black interior. Only had 4,100 miles on it. Running the staggered 19's with summer tires and picked up a an almost-new set of staggered 19's to mount winter tires. Curious to see how it does in the snow. Really love this car so far.
I will be in FC in a couple weeks with a 2022 Ascot Green GT1. Maybe you will see me around town.

Reactions
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Stinger GT1
I took possession of my new 2022 AWD Ascot Green GT1 yesterday. It's like a friggin rocket ship.