Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Larger wheels & tires

Autoansguy

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Looking for anyone who has fitted 20 X 9 wheels with 235/35 R20 tires on front end of GT2 AWD.
Pls Be a Hero and PM me.
Cheers,
Sam
678-492-3581

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Looking for anyone who has fitted 20 X 9 wheels with 235/35 R20 tires on front end of GT2 AWD.
Pls Be a Hero and PM me.
Cheers,
Sam
678-492-3581
Honestly I haven't seen anyone do 20x9 out front.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
As closely engineered as the Stinger seems to be (good video on YouTube about the engineering considerations and compromises), it would be a bit risky to change the outer circumference of the tire/wheels in that front wheel well due to the ventilation and aerodynamics at that location. Might not make any difference in a street machine, but at highway speeds it could be an issue. I know there was a lot of tweaking with all the cooling systems (engine, transmission, intercooler, etc.) and I'd hate to cause some unintended collateral side-effect.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
It would increase the overall size of the tire by less than half a inch in both width and height.

I haven't gotten under a Stinger to check clearances but I doubt .4" will make a huge difference.

It'll also eat up some of the gap in the wheel well. Post pics if you do it.

mldavis, I used to be a GTO man myself. I had a 06 Brazen Orange Metallic 10 or 11 years ago. I loved that car! But, as the song goes "babies came, cars got slow".

OP
A
Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Thread Starter #5
Would appreciate link to YouTube engineering considerations and compromises for Stinger. Stinger Federation has 20 inch on the front and rear, however front is probably 20 X 8.5 inch.
Thanks,
Sam

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Would appreciate link to YouTube engineering considerations and compromises for Stinger. Stinger Federation has 20 inch on the front and rear, however front is probably 20 X 8.5 inch.
Thanks,
Sam
Here's the wheel/tire spec for the Federation Stinger
Front - 20x8.5 40mm 245/35ZR20
Rear - 20x10 40mm 275/30ZR20

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Also [MENTION=264]kulachd[/MENTION] has tried on a bunch of wheels/tire sizes. Maybe he can chime in.