Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What Tune are you using on your Kia Stinger?

What Tune are you using on your Kia Stinger?

• LAP3 / Pross

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • RaceChip

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Byte Tronik

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delicious Tuning

• Burger Motorsports

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • Unichip

• Vivid Racing

• Keen

• Tork Motorsports

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Dyno-Comp

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Where about are you Kazz? Chicago land has a strong Subaru scene which means numerous AWD dynos around.
I'm in the Peoria area - 2-5 to 3 miles away. That's why I thought a dyno day up there with an AWD dyno would be cool!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I finally got my car on the Dyno, I went to Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale Arizona. The stock tune was with my bolt on mods with a stock ECU tune so with Mid pipes, Catback, JT CAI & JT FMIC, no JB4. I posted these results on social media an there was some backlash from some people, telling me there's no way you got those numbers on a stock tune or they said protuner is get 30+ more HP then that. Tried to explain to them that I'm NOT running WMI or E85, If I run those two mods then I would be over 500whp no problem. I was a little disappointed on the JB4, It only gave me 38hp gain. They did tell me if I ran better gas I will get more power & I can run 1 to 2 gallons of 100 octane race gas my power will jump up. Over all I'm very happy with the results, It's like a different car. Driving in comfort mode now was like driving in sport mode with the JB4 installed..

That dyno run was not the final tune, The car was getting a little over boost on the top end because it's running at 19psi but all good with the final tune..

Attachments

Last edited:

Spooby

Reactions
City
Prince Frederick
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ceramic Silver Stinger GT2
I finally got my car on the Dyno, I went to Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale Arizona. The stock tune was with my bolt on mods with a stock ECU tune so with Mid pipes, Catback, JT CAI & JT FMIC, no JB4. I posted these results on social media an there was some backlash from some people, telling me there's no way you got those numbers on a stock tune or they said protuner is get 30+ more HP then that. Tried to explain to them that I'm NOT running WMI or E85, If I run those two mods then I would be over 500whp no problem. I was a little disappointed on the JB4, It only gave me 38hp gain. They did tell me if I ran better gas I will get more power & I can run 1 to 2 gallons of 100 octane race gas my power will jump up. Over all I'm very happy with the results, It's like a different car. Driving in comfort mode now was like driving in sport mode with the JB4 installed..

That dyno run was not the final tune, The car was getting a little over boost on the top end because it's running at 19psi but all good with the final tune..
That's still impressive considering it's a few bolt ons and a piggy back. The 3.3tt has great potential but we need more than some piggy backs and off the shelf ECU flashes. It'd be badass if COBB or eurodyne would jump into the stinger platform with an accessport or maestro suite.

Your set up is pretty awesome

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
That's still impressive considering it's a few bolt ons and a piggy back. The 3.3tt has great potential but we need more than some piggy backs and off the shelf ECU flashes. It'd be badass if COBB or eurodyne would jump into the stinger platform with an accessport or maestro suite.

Your set up is pretty awesome
Thanks, It's not really a flash that I got, Dyno-Comp goes into the ecu an enhances the settings so if I go to the dealership an they hook up the computer to it they won't know it's their. The only way they would know if the car was tuned is if they drove it an felt the power. The HP & Torque numbers I got are a little conservative, They have their dyno so it reads 10% lower then what the car is actually putting to the ground so if I went to a Dynojet it would read higher. They had a guy run his car at Dyno-Comp an put down 517whp then he took it to Dynojet the same day an did a run, putting down 567whp.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I have same tune, sent my ecu with Jeff(spiddy55)
It is off the wall amazing!
Smooth
Fast
Throttle response perfect
Bust tune I’ve ever had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spooby

Reactions
City
Prince Frederick
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
I have same tune, sent my ecu with Jeff(spiddy55)
It is off the wall amazing!
Smooth
Fast
Throttle response perfect
Bust tune I’ve ever had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm curious, did you send him your ECU and list the mods you have done? Will he update the tune further down the road with more bolt ons?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I'm curious, did you send him your ECU and list the mods you have done? Will he update the tune further down the road with more bolt ons?
Call up Dyno-Comp an talk to Carlo, Tell him Jeff sent you & ask him the questions you need to know. Here's their website.....

https://dynocomp.com/

Spooby

Reactions
City
Prince Frederick
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive

Ravage

Reactions
City
Hayti
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT AWD
I'm curious, dose any of the tunes remove the speed limit set by the factory?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I'm curious, dose any of the tunes remove the speed limit set by the factory?
No not that I know of, I know John from Tork Motorsports has been trying to crack the limiter in the ECU. That would be a complete reflash of the ECU...

ChaneRZ

Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT RWD
I'm using JB4 with fuel wires and Bluetooth connectivity.

Reactions
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Stinger GT Line
First of all I wanted to say hello as I’m a new member. I’m not new to performance cars and I have a new 2021 GT Line. Getting the 2.0T wasn’t a budget decision but it is nice to see S Korean (KDM) cars are getting love from the performance/tuning community! So my car has the 2.0T and I’m interested in the JB4 setup bc I’m not looking to make a bunch of HP or track the car I want a good feeling, fun, car that I daily drive in. Mod list is the AEM intake and custom axle back 2.5” in dia and that’s about all I’ll do as far as supporting mods for the tuner... anyone here that has the 2.0T that can speak to gains on that engine? The 3.3T engine can make really good power with simple mods and a good tuner, I’m wondering if that translates to the smaller engine as well!? Do you see the same increases in power in the 2.0T as you do in the 3.3T?? I’M NOT ASKING IF I CAN MAKE THE SAME HP #s, I’m asking if I can expect the power the same HP bumps vs stock as the 3.3T did? Stage 1 makes about 360whp which is a bump of 33whp from baseline 327whp stock. Is it safe to assume the a 30ish HP bump can be expected when I install the tuner..? thereabouts the same HP bump within 5whp...

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @Stinger_Guy22, I'm not sure about the power increase with the JB4 but assume it would be around 20 to 30 HP. I have the 3.3L an on 91oct & map2 I got 38whp, the bottom line you will be able to feel the power increase..