Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Will Wheel Size 18x8.5 with 35 mm Offset Fit?

BestWheelDeals

Vendor
Reactions
City
Hialeah Gardens
State
FL
Country
United States
I appreciate that. I will definitely stick to the 8.5 +30.... Now quick question if I got a 255/35-20 set of tires would that be fine? I'm hoping to get at least a little tire protection in terms of the rim when parking etc. Not that I plan to be careless anytime* soon. Lol would that size be helpful? Would it even be fine with that wheel set-up?

Thanks again man.
What brand and model tire are you looking at? keep in mind that not all tires are created equal. Some tires run "wider" and have larger section widths than others- even if they're all the same 255/35-20 size.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER BASE AWD
What brand and model tire are you looking at? keep in mind that not all tires are created equal. Some tires run "wider" and have larger section widths than others- even if they're all the same 255/35-20 size.
Okay, so sorry for the late reply. So here is what I have come up with. Please let me know if you believe this will work fine?

For the front -
Wheels - 20" x 8.5", +30 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 73.1mm Hub
Tires - 255/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DWS

For the rear -
Wheels - 20" x 9.5", +25 (or +40 is my only other option) Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 73.1mm Hub

BestWheelDeals

Vendor
Reactions
City
Hialeah Gardens
State
FL
Country
United States
Okay, so sorry for the late reply. So here is what I have come up with. Please let me know if you believe this will work fine?

For the front -
Wheels - 20" x 8.5", +30 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 73.1mm Hub

For the rear -
Wheels - 20" x 9.5", +25 (or +40 is my only other option) Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 73.1mm Hub
Did a little research, that 255/35-20 Conti ExtremeContact DWS is a pretty good fit. Its got a 9" tread width and 10.2" section width, so the tire will naturally be a bit rounder on the edges(which we want as far as clearance)

Since there are multiple DWS models, please make sure that you are purchasing Model no. 15500200000 (narrowest tread width)

Also, i would recommend that +40 in the rear over the +25. +25 is too aggressive. Remember, since we're running a wider tire we need to "tuck" inside that fender a bit more.

Cant wait to see some pics of your setup!