Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Base Stinger Halogen Swap

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER BASE AWD
Here is a link to some night time photos.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vfj0O

I will add a couple more shots with different angles. As for light output, extremely vibrant. I was about a block away from the car walking towards the front of it and the lights were easily visible. I still have to adjust the bulbs to get them lined up evenly with one another and so I can see further down the road.

(BTW, you can tell the guy that left a comment on the photos at 5 something in the morning doesn't know much about cars. I added two LED bulbs and he thinks it's excessive) LOL

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
That almost look factory.

I always set my photos to private on that site, you always get a bunch of know-it-all people trying weigh in on something they have zero knowledge of.

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States

That's sexy as hell.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
[MENTION=661]ChrisOfNYC[/MENTION] how are the high-beams at night?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER BASE AWD
That almost look factory.

I always set my photos to private on that site, you always get a bunch of know-it-all people trying weigh in on something they have zero knowledge of.
Is that a good thing? Looking factory?

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Is that a good thing? Looking factory?
Yeah definitely, the color looks like an LED system from the factory. I've seen some where its too blue and very aftermarket looking.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger 2.0 AWD
Can anyone describe how to install the led kit step by step? I have the same exact 2.0 stinger and I have a set of the 9005 led. I was thinking of doing this myself at home, but wasn?t sure if I could.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Can anyone describe how to install the led kit step by step? I have the same exact 2.0 stinger and I have a set of the 9005 led. I was thinking of doing this myself at home, but wasn?t sure if I could.
For headlight use, I would suggest getting an HID kit instead of LED.

Bruce1003

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger 2.0t
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger 2.0 AWD

Attachments

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger 2.0 AWD
Today I swapped the base halogen bulbs with the Philips white bulb. Process is fairly simple, but requires you to have proper tools. Don’t worry, all the tools you need need to invest in is a fork you are willing to bend into a certain shape.

Essentially use the jack from the trunk by making sure you fit the jack into the propor hole under the car. Have your wheel turned away from you for the side you are working on. With enough space, use the fork to pinch into the fastener for the bulb socket slowly force the fastener out. Pull with your finger tips to open the compartment door partially. I did not remove the door as I did not know how to disconnect the below two screws, so that’s why it’s partially open the whole time while I’m doing this. There is a cap, twist the cap I believe right or left until it moves slightly. You’ll need to pull the cap off once it’s turned into the right position.

I have medium sized hands, but the left side is definitely harder than the right. Alright so now, begin twisting the halogen bulb out of the socket (counter clockwise). Once disconnected, flick the lever below the bulb to release it from the wire. Replace with philips bulb. Now carefully move the bulb to the correct postion, insert back to socket and twist clockwise to lock in.
Put the cap back on by pushing it into in the correct position and twist to lock it. Put back everything else on and your good!

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Hi all,

I just installed Philips diamond vision 9005 bulbs in the stinger. They look 100000x better now. It matches the LEDs now. Visibility is okay. It?s still very bright at night. For 40 dollars, you can?t beat this. Its very easy to install, as Kia has a cut out in the fender for the main headlight. It?s a must have for us plebs with the base models!
I'm late to the thread but about to buy some new bulbs. Any photos??

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Cumming
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved