Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Owner's Manuals

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
I would say the overall quality of the manuals supplied with the car is pretty bad. The manuals have an excessive amount of repetitious information (paragraphs and sentences repeated). Also, there are many items that are not covered in any of the manuals.

For example, my 2.0T Premium has a Custom Driving Mode. Amazingly enough, the ability to customize this can be found on the infotainment screen SETUP button under "Vehicle". There are four user options as follows:

• ENGINE/TRANSMISSION - choices are Eco, Comfort and Sport
  • STEERING WHEEL - choices are Comfort and Sport
  • AWD - choices are Eco, Comfort or Sport
  • ACTIVE ENGINE SOUND - choices are Minimum, Normal or Enhanced
None of this is documented in any of the manuals including, most notably, the Owner's Manual. When I pointed this out to Kia Customer Assistance I was told that I would have to get this information (what each means and how it effects the car) from the Dealer. My Dealer either doesn't have the foggiest idea what these settings mean or they cannot connect me with someone who does know.

There are many other features that are not covered including my previous post regarding warning messages about keeping hands on the steering wheel.

What's your opinion of the Manuals and their usefulness?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I read the whole manual while awaiting my custom build from Kia. I saw several typos and a few errors in language, presumably due to translational differences. I agree that they spent too much paper warning drivers to drive the car and not rely on the toys to keep you alive. Blame the lawyers for that. So I wouldn't be too critical of the manual. These are complex cars with (probably) ever-changing software features, and generic manuals are the norm.

On the other hand, I have to agree with [MENTION=416]Tri-Cities Owner[/MENTION] that dealers seldom know much about their cars. Sales managers have left the sales floor and long since abandoned direct contact and knowledge of their products. Many of them are "finance managers" who have come from other non-automotive venues and don't have the slightest clue what their salesmen are selling. Many salesmen are products of the revolving door having sold pencils on the street corner just last week and vacuum cleaners next week. You also have to realize that most buyers aren't gearheads or techie geeks like those of us here on these forums. If you can find a salesman who has been with the dealership for years and knows you and the product, stick with them. I bought five new cars over the past 20 years all from the same salesman before my Stinger purchase.

Finally, if you want to know how stuff works, try the service manager who will probably defer to one of his Kia-trained mechanics. Or ask here on the forum. [lovekia]

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
I would say the overall quality of the manuals supplied with the car is pretty bad. The manuals have an excessive amount of repetitious information (paragraphs and sentences repeated). Also, there are many items that are not covered in any of the manuals.

For example, my 2.0T Premium has a Custom Driving Mode. Amazingly enough, the ability to customize this can be found on the infotainment screen SETUP button under "Vehicle". There are four user options as follows:

• ENGINE/TRANSMISSION - choices are Eco, Comfort and Sport
  • STEERING WHEEL - choices are Comfort and Sport
  • AWD - choices are Eco, Comfort or Sport
  • ACTIVE ENGINE SOUND - choices are Minimum, Normal or Enhanced
None of this is documented in any of the manuals including, most notably, the Owner's Manual. When I pointed this out to Kia Customer Assistance I was told that I would have to get this information (what each means and how it effects the car) from the Dealer. My Dealer either doesn't have the foggiest idea what these settings mean or they cannot connect me with someone who does know.

There are many other features that are not covered including my previous post regarding warning messages about keeping hands on the steering wheel.

What's your opinion of the Manuals and their usefulness?
I guess base RWD doesn't have an option for engine sound :( all I get is engine/transmission and steering feel options. Grr.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black
I guess base RWD doesn't have an option for engine sound :( all I get is engine/transmission and steering feel options. Grr.
I believe this is a GT and up-only feature, part of you getting the 3.3L V6.

OP
T
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Thread Starter #5