Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger January Sales

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Really great numbers considering the Stingers price point

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
That chart isn't correct. The numbers are identical for both year-to-date and January-only.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
That chart isn't correct. The numbers are identical for both year-to-date and January-only.
This may come of rude but I'm only being blunt. Year-to-date sales are of this year. This chart represents this year's January sales. Therefore, we have only been in 2018 for one month, which is January. Year-to-date sales will be the same, as it shows above, as the month of January. All of the cars listed above have the same January and year-to-date sales for 2018 since we have only had one month of sales reporting. Come February 28th or March 1st, the year-to-date sales and monthly sales will be different since year-to-date sales will cover two months, not just February sales.

If that doesn't make sense, you'll see once February sales are posted and we have another chart like the one above.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Wasn?t there around 500 Stingers sold at the end of 2017?

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
These aren't including 2017 sales. Year-to-date; 2018 sales
I understand that, but they could at least put some correct data for 2017 column.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
I understand that, but they could at least put some correct data for 2017 column.
It's YTD as of January 2017; the Stinger wasn't available, ergo they entered N/A.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
It's YTD as of January 2017; the Stinger wasn't available, ergo they entered N/A.
You're right I had to go back and look at the chart again.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
This may come of rude but I'm only being blunt.
Not rude at all. I assumed they were saying year-to-date for 2017, which would be all 12 months of the year, since it's now in the past. I guess what they're actually saying is "up to this point last year," which makes sense, but I found the language confusing. Maybe this is why I'm not in sales/marketing!