Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Possible Super Bowl video

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
This one is in keeping with the clever and humorous videos that attract attention and are better than the game.

[video=youtube;0YVbVXOjJv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YVbVXOjJv4&feature=youtu.be[/video] [rofl]

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
It's really a well thought out commercial.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I had to watch it twice to notice that he went back time and got younger lol.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I'm actually disappointed in the commercial. Why drive the car backwards when 99% of the time it's driven forward? I get for Steven Tyler reasons to support the commercial but they could have done a lot more presenting this vehicle. Emerson Fittipaldi made an appearance but why didn't he drive the car?

Some in the marketing headquarters had a reason which I'm sure is a viable reason, not to us enthusiasts. Or at least me.

OP
M
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Thread Starter #6
Uh, do you really think Taylor drove the car? Backwards?

Not to defend the ad, but all car commercials these days show virtually nothing of the vehicle. It's all eye candy and emotional appeal. Get technical with 24-valve, dual OHC, twin-scroll twin turbos and everyone (except us) falls asleep.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I'm actually disappointed in the commercial. Why drive the car backwards when 99% of the time it's driven forward? I get for Steven Tyler reasons to support the commercial but they could have done a lot more presenting this vehicle. Emerson Fittipaldi made an appearance but why didn't he drive the car?

Some in the marketing headquarters had a reason which I'm sure is a viable reason, not to us enthusiasts. Or at least me.
I think the whole point was to say the Stinger can drive so fast backwards that it was able to go back in time. I do agree having Fittipaldi there was a waste since I was hoping he'll be doing something crazy in the Stinger.

OP
M
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Thread Starter #8

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Uh, do you really think Taylor drove the car? Backwards?

Not to defend the ad, but all car commercials these days show virtually nothing of the vehicle. It's all eye candy and emotional appeal. Get technical with 24-valve, dual OHC, twin-scroll twin turbos and everyone (except us) falls asleep.
Of course he didn't lol It's a shame they geared that commercial more for the general public and didn't highlight the key aspects of what make this car great. It doesn't need Tyler or Fittipaldi to make it great...