Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who turns off the Auto Start/Stop feature when they first get in their Stinger?

Who turns off the Auto Start/Stop feature when they first get in their Stinger?

• Yes

Votes: 62 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 31.1%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Is varying the brake pedal pressure really that hard? I love keeping a light touch on the brakes and preventing ISG from triggering. I then only occasionally have to jam the pedal down when I anticipate an extra long stop.

You guys are all jamming the brake pedal unnecessarily hard all the time if it's triggering ISG.

I agree that it could be better if it was just slightly less sensitive, but really...

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Is varying the brake pedal pressure really that hard? I love keeping a light touch on the brakes and preventing ISG from triggering. I then only occasionally have to jam the pedal down when I anticipate an extra long stop.

You guys are all jamming the brake pedal unnecessarily hard all the time if it's triggering ISG.

I agree that it could be better if it was just slightly less sensitive, but really...
We drive differently than you. I assure you, we're using the appropriate designed amount of pressure. There no need to get aggravated by people not using your driving method. It's all good. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
We drive differently than you. I assure you, we're using the appropriate designed amount of pressure. There no need to get aggravated by people not using your driving method. It's all good. Enjoy.

LOL!!!!!!! My driving method?!?! I think it's the normal driving method the engineers of the car assumed average people would be using. This isn't personal.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
LOL!!!!!!! My driving method?!?! I think it's the normal driving method the engineers of the car assumed average people would be using. This isn't personal.
Ok. Cool story. They designed the auto stop feature to only affect fringe cases of people driving badly. Makes sense.

I'm 100% done with that conversation though. Have a nice day, Marc.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Ok. Cool story. They designed the auto stop feature to only affect fringe cases of people driving badly. Makes sense.

I'm 100% done with that conversation though. Have a nice day, Marc.

Yes, applying only enough braking to stop the car is definitely considered bad driving. I am sorry.

JohnG7

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Red GT2, 328i, harley
I do want to disable this feature forever.

I do not want lessons on how to apply the friggan brake.

There, I said it!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I do want to disable this feature forever.

I do not want lessons on how to apply the friggan brake.

There, I said it!
Good luck with that. Car companies are basing fuel economy test results (that have more than a typical amount of time stopped) with ISG on and none will allow it to be turned off else they won't get their economy ratings.

I also didn't realize that stopping the car with the brake pedal was such a tricky task for existing drivers. I had no idea lessons would be required just to drive the car at 0 mph. Lessons will be needed for high speeds with the Stinger, though...more than enough torque to get into trouble with :)

JohnG7

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Red GT2, 328i, harley
Good luck with that. Car companies are basing fuel economy test results (that have more than a typical amount of time stopped) with ISG on and none will allow it to be turned off else they won't get their economy ratings.

I also didn't realize that stopping the car with the brake pedal was such a tricky task for existing drivers. I had no idea lessons would be required just to drive the car at 0 mph. Lessons will be needed for high speeds with the Stinger, though...more than enough torque to get into trouble with :)
Apparently there are many things you don't realize.

And there are many things that you should just leave alone!

Know when to say when!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Apparently there are many things you don't realize.

And there are many things that you should just leave alone!

Know when to say when!
Unless you plan to elaborate what those things are, you are the one who shouldn't be replying again. Vague and meaningless posts are a waste of everyone's time.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Unless you plan to elaborate what those things are, you are the one who shouldn't be replying again. Vague and meaningless posts are a waste of everyone's time.
Perhaps you're not understanding that you're demeaning fellow owners on this forum. You've made your point. Quite a number of times. You've been thanked for sharing. There's no reason to make snide remarks about others' driving habits.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Boys, let's let this part of the conversation lay...

Now, to the topic, I do NOT turn it off because I don't own mine yet. LOL

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I used to turn it off, lately I've been leaving it on.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I only turn mine off if I'm going to be going on base. I hate when it starts/stops at the gate and the exhaust echoes off the walls causing everyone to look at me like I'm a nutcase.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Perhaps you're not understanding that you're demeaning fellow owners on this forum. You've made your point. Quite a number of times. You've been thanked for sharing. There's no reason to make snide remarks about others' driving habits.
I made no comments about others' driving habits. The reality is that human engineers designed the system to be modulated by drivers. We can argue that they did a bad job and it's too sensitive, but don't (others) suggest to me that some outrageous ask is being made of drivers to press a brake pedal at varying pressures to achieve two results--ISG trigger or ISG bypass. KIA engineers, not me, expected purchasers of the car to find this a useful and acceptable way to control the ISG.

I am glad they built in the control, because due to environmental regulations, we'll never see an official permanent cut-off and turning it off by hand every time is annoying, just as having to reset your drive mode is annoying, too. I will learn to swivel the dial, though, because otherwise I am stuck in Comfort mode permanently.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Boys, let's let this part of the conversation lay...

Now, to the topic, I do NOT turn it off because I don't own mine yet. LOL
I'm close to being in the same boat also - I don't have one yet, so I can't turn it off.[wink]

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Okay, the 2nd and last time. Let's not revisit the antics of the past. LOL We don't all have to be friends but we DO have to get along.

I'd hate to lock a thread with great discussion because we can't get past the past... *Big Cheesy Grin*

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
I just bought mine, 6 days in and it's annoying as F*. I mean I get it -it seems to either save gas or cool the engine down or both but it's the worst when it goes off for like a second when just stopped and then need to move a few feet forward. Like today I was taking a right turn and stoped for like 5 seconds and it turned off right as I was going to accelerate. It can't be good for the wear and tear of the engine and parts. Yet, yes even with the 2.0 4 it does save gas but jesus lol.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I just bought mine, 6 days in and it's annoying as F*. I mean I get it -it seems to either save gas or cool the engine down or both but it's the worst when it goes off for like a second when just stopped and then need to move a few feet forward. Like today I was taking a right turn and stoped for like 5 seconds and it turned off right as I was going to accelerate. It can't be good for the wear and tear of the engine and parts. Yet, yes even with the 2.0 4 it does save gas but jesus lol.
When I first purchased the Stinger it annoyed me too, now I've gotten used to it.