Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Which drive mode do you prefer the most?

Which Drive Mode do you prefer the most?

• Smart

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • ECO

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Comfort

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Sport

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What's the difference I just started echo mode but don't notice anything different from comfort any help???

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
rooSTer
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #42
What's the difference I just started echo mode but don't notice anything different from comfort any help???

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Eco mode will lower the shiftpoints to a lower RPM.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300
Sport mode in town
Custom mode on highway (Sport steering, ECO everything else)
Eco mode in the winter (delayed throttle response= less loss of traction)

wozzy

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
I prefer comfort.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Custom with sports steering and suspension, comfort everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Still enjoying Comfort the most.

PMB

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Prefer: Sport
Use Most: ECO, I daily my car, and in sport mode she's pretty thirsty.

Serious question though, can anybody feel the difference in suspension settings? I've deliberately driven down a road that is bumpy for miles and miles, and switched between settings while moving and can't tell the difference in firmness. The biggest difference is that as soon as you hit sport mode, the car accelerates noticeably because of the change in throttle (gas pedal) position mapping. The steering changes a tiny bit, enough to notice anyway.

Warrant11

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 AWD
Well, obviously Sport is the most fun and driver-oriented mode, but I use my Stinger GT1 as a daily driver and therefore try to be at least somewhat conservative on the fuel consumption. However, when I get into situations that require speed/acceleration then I don't hesitate to flip to Sport Mode. I try to drive in Smart Mode regularly hoping that the car adjusts to my needs, but so far it isn't really panning out to do so in my mostly day-to-day city driving.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Prefer: Sport
Use Most: ECO, I daily my car, and in sport mode she's pretty thirsty.

Serious question though, can anybody feel the difference in suspension settings? I've deliberately driven down a road that is bumpy for miles and miles, and switched between settings while moving and can't tell the difference in firmness. The biggest difference is that as soon as you hit sport mode, the car accelerates noticeably because of the change in throttle (gas pedal) position mapping. The steering changes a tiny bit, enough to notice anyway.
I feel a significant difference between Sport on the steering and suspension and everything else. I’ve also tried changing it on pothole ridden roads like the Clara Barton Parkway or George Washington Memorial Parkway in the DC Metro area and Canal Rd in DC. I can’t drive in Sports mode on those roads. The car is way too bumpy. But in Normal or Eco, I can, and it’s not a problem. More often than not under those conditions because I prefer former steering, I use individual mode with steering and engine noise set to sport and everything else set to comfort.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Eco mode will lower the shiftpoints to a lower RPM.
And ECO mode reduces the A/C performance to additionally save fuel. 2nd bullet point below from the owner's manual.

When ECO mode is activated:
• The acceleration response may be
slightly reduced if the accelerator
pedal is depressed moderately.
• The air conditioner performance
may be limited.
• The shift pattern of the automatic
transmission may change.
• The engine noise may get louder.
The above situations are normal
conditions when ECO mode is acti-
vated to improve fuel efficiency.

Limitation of ECO mode operation:
If the following conditions occur while
ECO mode is operating, the system
operation is limited even though
there is no change in the ECO indi-
cator.
• When the coolant temperature is
low:
The system will be limited until
engine performance becomes nor-
mal.
• When driving up a hill:
The system will be limited to gain
power when driving uphill because
engine torque is restricted.
• When driving the vehicle with the
automatic transmission gear shift
lever in manual mode.
The system will be limited accord-
ing to the shift location.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 Miata club (me), 19 GT1 (wife)
I wish there was a way to change the default mode to custom. Save me the trouble of changing the mode every time I start driving

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I wish there was a way to change the default mode to custom. Save me the trouble of changing the mode every time I start driving
Amen. That drives me crazy. My 2016 GTI has these modes and it remembers what mode you were in as it does seat heating settings, etc. In my view this is an oversight on Kia’s part that they should retrofit with software.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Correct. Because it's a piggyback, it's undetectable. All it's doing is sending the same signals to the ECU that it's already getting, just adjusted to make it think that the boost is lower than it really is. As long as you don't have it permanently strapped to the engine compartment somewhere that you can't remove it easily. LOL
I left mine on when I got my first oil changed, which was 4 days ago. When they were under the hood they never saw it.[histerical]