Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Slight engineering oversight?

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
Hey folks,

Anyone else notice little pebbles collecting in the air vent behind the wheelwell? I noticed this more when I pull into the parking lot at work. The pic is after the drive home, but still debris in there. Long-term i'm thinking paint damage on the doors will be in the cards. Thoughts?

IMG_20180124_174101.jpg

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hey [MENTION=318]stinger1919[/MENTION]!

The vent that you're referring to actually bends outward as the air flows through it. The design is such that any debris traveling through that channel will be directed away from the side of the Stinger.

OP
S
Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
It doesn't bend that far outward. I actually have some of that same debris stuck to the door behind it. Also, I called the dealership and two of the guys there own one as well and they have many more miles than myself as I drive about 10-20 miles a day and they both have paint chips in that area and said they were going to call KMA about it.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I can see the vents being a real pain to clean if there's mud stuck in it.