Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Hi everyone, been gathering information and trying to figure out the best approach to get the best deal on a 2019 Ceramic Silver and or White w Red interior GT1 RWD. I'm trying to get the best deal so I'm waiting until around fall of 2019 when it seems the lower prices are available while still finding the color combo I want. It seems lease buyout is the way to go with this car and am hoping to see the similar discounts that the 2018 had around the same time of year. MSRP for the car now seems to be around 46,900 give or take a little. Trying to avoid the dealer added options which seem to increase price substantially (Saw one recently marked up to 49500 with paint protection / tint etc No bueno).

Question I have would it be reasonable to assume you can get 5-10% off of MSRP on this car around Sept/ Oct Time frame? Also is it better to use any no hassle car deal programs such as Costco, or Company Discounts to try to get closer to the invoice pricing or just try to negotiate with the dealer upfront? My company has some kind of VIP Car buying service where they may give employee pricing on new cars at select dealerships so I can always check to see what they offer in addition to anything else I can negotiate.

I'm hoping to lease buyout for around 34-37k Cash OTD.

Assumptions MSRP Negotiated 42k-43K
Lease cash between 4300 and 6,300,
Trade 5k. Huyndai Sonata SE 2011

Since I will buy out the lease immediately the particulars of the lease or financing options are not important to me just getting the lowest price possible.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited
Hi folks,

been reading everyone's comment here to help me negotiate a 2018 stinger GT limited here in Canada since the dealership put on a 5k CAD cash incentive. I made the offer and got approved so will be picking up the car January 10th.

Figure i contribute here for future buyers.
Model Year - 2018
Trim - GT Limited (GT2 for U.S. models)
Color - Aurora Black on Black interior (just my preference)
Out the door - bought the vehicle in a different province with less tax, so i got to pay the tax difference when i pick up and bring it back to home province, but out the door was $51,783 CAD (which is around 38k USD), if i put on the additional province tax of 7%, it would be around $54500 CAD (which is around 40k USD).

So for Canadians here, I think that's a good deal. The reason being I am getting the following option as part of the deal:
- Kia promotion of winter tires - their website indicate around $1200 CAD ($877 USD), they are Pirelli according to the dealership but not sure the exact model;
- Dealership offered me 18 inches CAI Alloy rims for the winter tires, mounted and fitted onto the vehicle; so i think that's about $750 CAD ($548) to buy from a shop;
- Dealership is installing a K&N cod air intake for me which i think is around $600 ($438 USD) just for the part looking around the internet;
- Dealership is installing a Borla Cat-back exhaust for me which i think is around $1500 for the part looking around the internet;
- Then they are throwing in some small stuff like wheel lock nuts ($80 CAD), and all weather mats ($140 CAD).

I'm excited, curious to see what others think of the deal.

Thanks!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Welcome,

For a 2018, its a decent deal, not spectacular.

Hi folks,

been reading everyone's comment here to help me negotiate a 2018 stinger GT limited here in Canada since the dealership put on a 5k CAD cash incentive. I made the offer and got approved so will be picking up the car January 10th.

Figure i contribute here for future buyers.
Model Year - 2018
Trim - GT Limited (GT2 for U.S. models)
Color - Aurora Black on Black interior (just my preference)
Out the door - bought the vehicle in a different province with less tax, so i got to pay the tax difference when i pick up and bring it back to home province, but out the door was $51,783 CAD (which is around 38k USD), if i put on the additional province tax of 7%, it would be around $54500 CAD (which is around 40k USD).

So for Canadians here, I think that's a good deal. The reason being I am getting the following option as part of the deal:
- Kia promotion of winter tires - their website indicate around $1200 CAD ($877 USD), they are Pirelli according to the dealership but not sure the exact model;
- Dealership offered me 18 inches CAI Alloy rims for the winter tires, mounted and fitted onto the vehicle; so i think that's about $750 CAD ($548) to buy from a shop;
- Dealership is installing a K&N cod air intake for me which i think is around $600 ($438 USD) just for the part looking around the internet;
- Dealership is installing a Borla Cat-back exhaust for me which i think is around $1500 for the part looking around the internet;
- Then they are throwing in some small stuff like wheel lock nuts ($80 CAD), and all weather mats ($140 CAD).

I'm excited, curious to see what others think of the deal.

Thanks!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
[MENTION=1933]devilzmaycry[/MENTION] considering the dealer is installing all that for free its fairly good.

Warrant11

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 AWD
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Mini Cooper S
After 2 years of watching and waiting, I picked up a 2019 Stinger GT2 RWD last week (Red with black interior). Local dealerships didn't have any so they had to trade with another dealer who had already added some options.

MSRP was $51750 (includes Dealer prep, Hichroma Red Paint, Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Cargo Tray).

Dealer Incentives reduced it to $49,273
KIA Financing Balloon Loan discount: - $4,500 (choosing the leasing discount would have lowered it another $2K but I would have had to pay Texas sales tax again at buyout)
Selling Price: $44,773, not including tax, title, license, extended warranty.

stinger.jpg

Last edited:

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
After 2 years of watching and waiting, I picked up a 2019 Stinger GT2 RWD last week (Red with black interior). Local dealerships didn't have any so they had to trade with another dealer who had already added some options.

MSRP was $51750 (includes Dealer prep, Hichroma Red Paint, Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Cargo Tray).

Dealer Incentives reduced it to $49,273
KIA Financing Balloon Loan discount: - $4,500 (choosing the leasing discount would have lowered it another $2K but I would have had to pay Texas sales tax again at buyout)
Selling Price: $44,773, not including tax, title, license, extended warranty.

Congrats [MENTION=47]toomanytimezones[/MENTION] post up some photos.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Mini Cooper S
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
If you block the lower grill you will reduce the air passing through the intercooler reducing HP.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Mini Cooper S
If you block the lower grill you will reduce the air passing through the intercooler reducing HP.
Yep, I considered that. But since I never push the car to extreme speeds, I don't see that as a critical issue. I absolutely love the look of the Stinger front-end so my personal preference is to give up a little HP rather than drill holes in the bumper.

Keep Smilin'
Keith

leecm

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD
Bought a 2019 GT2 AWD in Ceramic Silver last week.
MSRP: $53,930
Dealer Discount: -$5,000
Lease Cash: -$8,200

Buyout Price (including tax): $45,589.01

gregc

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo
I've been watching the Stinger since it was first announced for production - had the GT2 in red as my desktop wallpaper for a while...in Mass.

Bought a 2018 GT2 AWD in Hi-Chroma Red a few weeks ago. Got an additional discount because the car was damaged on the lot and repaired. (I looked it over very closely and all is well) No trade as I have a 2011 Optima SX 2.0t with a brand new engine that I'm handing down to my son.

We did a 24 mo 15k/ year lease to get the mega-cash-back.
$52,300.00 MSRP
-$7,900.00 discount
-$9,700.00 Kia Lease Cash
$590.00 First payment
$449.00 Doc fees
$220.00 Mass title & reg
$35,959.00 net
$0.00 down

Just confirmed that the lease buyout is $36k. Made out pretty well :)

-Greg C

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
excellent deal....Congrats!

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
18 premium. $40,460 msrp
6060 discount
7000 lease cash

0 down
28843 buyout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrant11

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 AWD
I've been watching the Stinger since it was first announced for production - had the GT2 in red as my desktop wallpaper for a while...in Mass.

Bought a 2018 GT2 AWD in Hi-Chroma Red a few weeks ago. Got an additional discount because the car was damaged on the lot and repaired. (I looked it over very closely and all is well) No trade as I have a 2011 Optima SX 2.0t with a brand new engine that I'm handing down to my son.

$52,300.00 MSRP
-$7,900.00 discount
$590.00 First payment
$449.00 Doc fees
$220.00 Mass title & reg
$35,959.00 net
$0.00 down

-Greg C
This is one of the best deals I've seen. Congrats!

Warrant11

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 AWD
I guess I'm one of the few who purchased instead of leased, mostly because I put too many miles on my vehicles annually. I got the 2018 Black GT1 AWD with red interior. I demanded $15k for my trade-in (which I only owed slightly of $10k), so they basically charged me a little more on their sales price. Plus, I'm military in a military town (Fayetteville, NC), so vehicle prices are always higher for us. But they did add their "dealer options" to include clear coat paint, rubber mats, wheel locks, and something else I can't recall right now. They also had to ship my car from Atlanta, GA. I'm satisfied with the deal overall though.

Sales Price: $51,185
Sales Tax: $1,080
Doc Fees: $899
Gap Insurance: $700
DMV/Title Fees: $184

Net Trade-in Allowance: 4,673
KIA Rebate: $3,400

TOTAL Out the Door: $44,895

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States

$52,300.00 MSRP
-$7,900.00 discount
$590.00 First payment
$449.00 Doc fees
$220.00 Mass title & reg
$35,959.00 net
$0.00 down

-Greg C
No tax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk