Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

*****2019 US Kia Stinger*****

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #21
On Kia's site now it says that 18" wheels are limited to 130mph on the gt2.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That is correct. Any Stinger, regardless of trim or drive line, with 18" wheels has a top speed of 130. I believe, though not confirmed, that all 2.0L also top at 130.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Great info, I had a feeling this was going to happen.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Looks like the Canadians are already receiving them.

[video=youtube;0dDqoaCWa9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dDqoaCWa9Q[/video]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I?m going to look at a 2019 GT Limited today in Canada so they definitely have arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
For Canada the 2019 GT Limited has a $225 MSRP increase and other than that is identical to the 2018. Just priced one out today.

My local dealer had two. Most dealers will see the 19?s over the next couple weeks.

Not sure what this means for the US market but my guess is that you may see them sooner than October.

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #26
For Canada the 2019 GT Limited has a $225 MSRP increase and other than that is identical to the 2018. Just priced one out today.

My local dealer had two. Most dealers will see the 19?s over the next couple weeks.

Not sure what this means for the US market but my guess is that you may see them sooner than October.

Awesome! Glad to see that.

Here in the US, it'll be a bit still. I'm still ordering a 2018 this weekend that won't show up for until mid September.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
only thing I would had loved was the vented front seats never understood why you heat the seat but not vent????? And the LSD two things that all the GT's should had come with standard!!!

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
only thing I would had loved was the vented front seats never understood why you heat the seat but not vent????? And the LSD two things that all the GT's should had come with standard!!!
My GT2 has vented front seats

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Not the case at all. The price will most definitely be going up to accommodate the addition of new features.

I also said back in January that I was pretty sure that these things were going to be here for 2019. They wanted them on the 2018 but the factory couldn't get them in our US rides quickly enough for corporate to release them for Christmas deliveries. LOL
Interesting, and thanks for the info! While this may explain why Canadian GTS Stingers currently are better equipped than GT2 Stingers in the US, I haven't seen an explanation anywhere why with the stronger US dollar we still are paying more than Canadians who get better equipped Stingers for less money. And it sounds like getting the missing equipment on the 2019 Stingers will result in an even higher price. :-(

I almost didn't buy the 2018 Stinger because it didn't have the 360 camera system, and I do miss this feature. However, the downward facing side view mirrors and well implemented backup camera mitigate the issue. Still, when driving forward to park the Stinger, not being able to see the curb/wall invites damaging the car. And the failure of the front parking sensors to always initialize when not first putting the car into reverse makes the situation even worse. I've demonstrated the issue to KIA but have not yet been told if/when a fix is coming.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Questions? Sure. What would your dealership charge to upgrade to mechanical LSD on an '18 GT2 AWD. And what would your dealership charge to upgrade that same vehicle to Surround View?

Thanks.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
While this may explain why Canadian GTS Stingers currently are better equipped than GT2 Stingers in the US, I haven't seen an explanation anywhere why with the stronger US dollar we still are paying more than Canadians who get better equipped Stingers for less money. .
My understanding is that it has to do with trade policy with South Korea. Lower tariffs for South Korean automobiles imported into Canada vs into US.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
My understanding is that it has to do with trade policy with South Korea. Lower tariffs for South Korean automobiles imported into Canada vs into US.
Thanks, Brandon, though I thought South Korea has a favored trade arrangement with the U.S. But if there is a 10% (or even 20%) tariff in place, with about a 30% lower value for the Canadian Dollar, the Stinger should still be less in the U.S. And this would be with the same level of equipment and not the lower level of equipment on U.S. Stingers which should further reduce the U.S. price.

I'm glad Canadians are getting such a great price, but it doesn't seem to make sense for the price to be so much higher here.

bob2s

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2018 GT
My 2018 3.3 GT here in Australia has all the options you are talking about as standard fit,
the only options listed here for the Stinger GT are luggage curtain/net, roof racks ,tow bar The only item not listed is the all wheel drive. So seems we got the best deal of all countries.
Bob

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Mini Cooper S
Thanks for the great info. I've been watching the Stinger for almost 2 years and plan to purchase a 2019 model. The news that vented front seats will be available on more of the Stinger models is especially appreciated here in Texas!

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #36
Questions? Sure. What would your dealership charge to upgrade to mechanical LSD on an '18 GT2 AWD. And what would your dealership charge to upgrade that same vehicle to Surround View?

Thanks.
Hey [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION]!

Remind me again what trim level you have?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thanks, Brandon, though I thought South Korea has a favored trade arrangement with the U.S. But if there is a 10% (or even 20%) tariff in place, with about a 30% lower value for the Canadian Dollar, the Stinger should still be less in the U.S. And this would be with the same level of equipment and not the lower level of equipment on U.S. Stingers which should further reduce the U.S. price.

I'm glad Canadians are getting such a great price, but it doesn't seem to make sense for the price to be so much higher here.
I'm not sure of the details, but I know that this is not unique to the Stinger, but rather is the case for virtually all Hyundai and Kia vehicles. It explains why they have substantially more market share outside of the US.

I also own a Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate. Hyundai's and KIAs are incredible good value, relatively speaking, for us in Canukistan. The Audi S5 equipped similarly to my GT Limited Stinger would run me 80K vs the 49 I paid including winter tires, window tinting, and clear bra. That gap is considerably smaller, I understand, in 'Murica.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #39
Top-o-the-line GT2 AWD.
I don't think you can put the LSD in the AWD. The AWD is already doing what the LSD would do for the rear drive car.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] Thanks for the updates.

I don't think I got shafted by having the 2nd SWP GT2 in the country! I've been loving my car since Jan 15th of this year. I get stopped at least once a week by people intrigued with my car and asking a ton of questions. I would love the 360 camera... but not worth the wait IMHO.