Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

HELP! Tire sizing for wheels!

Sarona

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Hi all, I hit a nasty pothole last night and blew out two tires--and bent not one but two wheels. I have a set of aftermarket wheels that I can use for the time being, but want to use the beefiest tire possible. The wheels are 18x8.5 +36. Can someone tell me what the largest tire size possible is that I can fit on? My Stinger is a GT AWD model and I will always be using the stock suspension.

Thanks!

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
IMO, not wider than 245

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
Can you fit 245 up front without going too thin?
I think so. The stock size is 225 and the lower wheel offset should allow more clearance with the strut housing. If more sidewall is desired, going with 245/45/18 provides a taller sidewall (0.7" bump in overall diameter or 0.35" bump in ground clearance) which provides more cushion against pothole impacts.

255/40/18 can also be used to gain the same-as-stock OD, but it's not my preference.

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Post up some pictures once you get the beefier tires on there.