Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kansas checking in, happy to be here!

tron423

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
Hey guys,

Just joined the club on Saturday after upgrading from a 2016 Camry SE. I knew I wanted something fun and fast with AWD, but was also looking for essential daily features like cargo utility and strong tech features. After test-driving a Stinger Premium at a local dealership I knew the Stinger line ticked all those boxes, but it just felt like something was missing with the turbo 4. Not that it's slow or anything with the 4, but knowing what else was out there made it feel like settling. Ended up finding this new 2018 GT1 specced exactly how I wanted (AWD, driver assist package, etc) up in Wisconsin. Rather than pay shipping and sacrifice the chance to deduct my Camry's value from the sale price for taxes, my fiance and I decided to make a weekend trip out of it and drive 700 miles north to go get it. Couldn't be happier with the decision so far, it's been everything I'd been looking for in a new vehicle and we had an awesome time driving it back.

IYBWtRs.jpg

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Great story, sounds like you know what you want. Beautiful car, I’m sure you will love it. Welcome aboard!

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome aboard

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Welcome aboard

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2 AWD
From one OP guy to another, congrats on the new ride. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one soon myself.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Congrats & Welcome aboard, sounds like you had a great trip.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congrats on the purchase! Quite the upgrade from a Camry huh? Beautiful car

OP
T

tron423

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #8
From one OP guy to another, congrats on the new ride. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one soon myself.
Do it! I think Shawnee Mission Kia still has their GT2 demo car available in the low 40's.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2 AWD
Funny enough, I test drove the GT2 demo on Saturday. I'm actually looking at a 2019 MY GT2 out in Lawrence, KS.

OP
T

tron423

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #10
Do it! I think Shawnee Mission Kia still has their GT2 demo car available in the low 40's.
Funny enough, I test drove the GT2 demo on Saturday. I'm actually looking at a 2019 MY GT2 out in Lawrence, KS.
Did they try to show you their used GT2 that had been crashed as well? That was their big offer to me lol