Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger may get the GT Line here in the US?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I was talking to my salesman a few days ago and he said that Kia may introduce the GT line to the 2.0T so that it looks like the GT. Anyone else hear about this?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I think the same rumor was being spread around last year, and it was Canada who got the 2.0, maybe he is getting confused. In all honesty, I find it very unlikely as the sales of the 3.3 have been higher than the 2.0 in the US.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Right. The Stinger already has a GT line. LOL

Kia is adding a "GT Line" trim to a couple of cars in the lineup to give them a sporty trim.

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Right. The Stinger already has a GT line. LOL

Kia is adding a "GT Line" trim to a couple of cars in the lineup to give them a sporty trim.
Whats the details on this?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Whats the details on this?
The new 2020 Soul will receive the treatment. I believe that the 2020 Sportage may also get the dress. It's going to be all skin deep. No real push on performance. Rims, trims, colors, interiors....

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The new 2020 Soul will receive the treatment. I believe that the 2020 Sportage may also get the dress. It's going to be all skin deep. No real push on performance. Rims, trims, colors, interiors....
I don’t know much about the new Soul, but did it already have an option for the 201hp engine? Or is it specific to the GT line. And on another note, I saw a video review on the Soul GT line and noticed the GT script is the same as the Stinger GT script

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Right. It's the same badge.

The turbo in the Soul came out in the 2018 year in the Exclaim!