Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Do we really need a Sub-Frame Collar Kit?

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
Do you drive your Stinger competitively?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
There's a company called ATQ that just released a subframe Collar Kit. This got me thinking do we even need one? I don't ever experience any subframe clunk on the Stinger. Anyone else given this any thoughts?
https://www.atqauto.com/products.php?mid=17&cat=17&pid=74
This is one mod I think everybody should do to their car. I installed a subframe bushing kit in my 2015 Kia Optima SX, it makes a differences on how the car drives and handles. The collars a line your subframes, front an rear & make your car straight an true, so if you like to corner your car there wont be any flex between the chassis & the subframe. Good purchase

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Anybody install these yet?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Anybody install these yet?
I was going to pick up a set of these from Shark Racing but I was told by another vendor to hold off for about 3 weeks or so because of a New Subframe Bushing kit with Bolts that's coming out. When I pick it up I will let you all know how the install goes. I should be one of the first people to get one of these kits. I will take pictures

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Member [MENTION=940]JAYP[/MENTION] has these installed. He said that he experienced a significant difference in the way the car handled.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Member [MENTION=940]JAYP[/MENTION] has these installed. He said that he experienced a significant difference in the way the car handled.
Will it make any change in comfort like vibration etc.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Will it make any change in comfort like vibration etc.
No it wont change comfort like vibration etc.

this is a quote: Aluminum subframe bushings will eliminate slop and movement from the factory subframe, while maintaining suspension geometry for improved handling, tire wear and steering response.

JAYP

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
No it wont change comfort like vibration etc.

this is a quote: Aluminum subframe bushings will eliminate slop and movement from the factory subframe, while maintaining suspension geometry for improved handling, tire wear and steering response.
I installed the Shark racing aluminum Bushings and Ultra racing chassis bracing both at the same time. No change in ride comfort. The car is VERY SOLID and STABLE in turns especially 90 degree turns.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk