Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

PNW Roll Call

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Hey guys, my name is Henry and I'm new to this community. Just picked up a Base Kia Stinger last month. Wanted to see who else is in the PNW region.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I'm Michael and I just picked up my Stinger GT2 in Ceramic Silver with red interior. Would love to meet up with other PNW Stinger owners sometime! I live just south of Seattle.

OP
stingingseattle
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #3
I'm Michael and I just picked up my Stinger GT2 in Ceramic Silver with red interior. Would love to meet up with other PNW Stinger owners sometime! I live just south of Seattle.
Welcome!

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thank you! Have you discovered any sort of local Kia or Stinger club starting to form? Personally, I've only seen one Stinger "in the wild" on my commute between Tukwila and Snoqualmie but I'm told there are quite a few in the Redmond area.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Congrats to you both! I don't have one yet (planning and have cash set aside for this fall). Have only seen one 'in the wild' - someone has a red one here in Vancouver.

Both of yours look great! To me it's very rare to see a car that looks good in EVERY color, and this is one of those. They're all very sharp! :)

-Tim

Phyxius

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Micro Blue GT2 AWD
Had my Micro Blue GT2 AWD for about 2 months now and loving it so far. Have only seen 1 other Stinger down here so far and that was white. Hopefully we will have some others around soon.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I saw a red Stinger heading north into Seattle on Airport Way this morning, so that's one more "in the wild" at least!

TimS

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Had my Micro Blue GT2 AWD for about 2 months now and loving it so far. Have only seen 1 other Stinger down here so far and that was white. Hopefully we will have some others around soon.
Hey there Phyxius! Another person in Portland's best suburb! :)

Would you mind sharing where you got your GT2 from? Was it a local dealer? One you'd recommend?

Very curious! :)

-Tim

Phyxius

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Micro Blue GT2 AWD
Hey there Phyxius! Another person in Portland's best suburb! :)

Would you mind sharing where you got your GT2 from? Was it a local dealer? One you'd recommend?

Very curious! :)

-Tim
Don't mind sharing at all. I got locally, at Weston Kia in Gresham. I had never heard of them and it turns out that is because they don't advertise at all according to what they told me. I just happened to be searching through the Kia site trying to find a Blue GT2 AWD in the area and they popped up on there as having one. Emailed them, like the number they gave me, so setup a test drive and from the first press of the gas when the guy said "after we go around this turn just get in the left lane, floor it and pass everyone" I knew I was taking it home haha. They were pretty good to work with, in and out in less than 2hrs. Typical sales stuff trying to sell you all the warranties, protections, etc, but they were all very friendly to work with. I was glad I got a price via email as it was about $10k less than what the salesperson tried to hit me with on the price. (The guy I was emailed had a family emergency and wasnt there). They are definitely at least worth checking out. If you do ask for Diego (he is who I was emailing) or Joe

Fly'nRyan

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
Picked up my red GT1 last Friday. Had to fly to Boise to get it but the drive back was worth it. Living in Maple Valley WA.

Reactions
City
Tacoma
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Greetings from Tacoma.. Bought a GT2 in August 2018.. been happy with it ever since.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Did you buy your car from Car Pro KIA if so I bought 3 Kia's from them. Great people to deal with...

Greetings from Tacoma.. Bought a GT2 in August 2018.. been happy with it ever since.

Reactions
City
Tacoma
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Did you buy your car from Car Pro KIA if so I bought 3 Kia's from them. Great people to deal with...
Maybe great for buying from.. but not for service.. I've actually bought all three of my KIAs (first a Forte.. then a year later an Optima SX and now the Stinger) from Kia of Puyallup. Everyone I know who had dealt with Car Pros has been less than happy with them from a service point of view.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Maybe great for buying from.. but not for service.. I've actually bought all three of my KIAs (first a Forte.. then a year later an Optima SX and now the Stinger) from Kia of Puyallup. Everyone I know who had dealt with Car Pros has been less than happy with them from a service point of view.
I never dealt with their service department because I've always done my own service unless it's a warranty issue...

Reactions
City
Tacoma
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
I never dealt with their service department because I've always done my own service unless it's a warranty issue...
If you find yourself needing warranty work consider going to Kia of Puyallup.. I keep hearing nightmare stories from people who take their Kia's to Car Pros for anything warranty. Granted that's all anecdotal, but I can tell you I've had pretty good experience with Kia of Puyallup with respect to Warranty work.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
If you find yourself needing warranty work consider going to Kia of Puyallup.. I keep hearing nightmare stories from people who take their Kia's to Car Pros for anything warranty. Granted that's all anecdotal, but I can tell you I've had pretty good experience with Kia of Puyallup with respect to Warranty work.
LOL that would be a little hard to do that, I live in Tempe Arizona. I bought my car from Earnhardt KIA in Phoenix, their service department is great..

cs_stinger

Reactions
New GT2 owner here as of 12/23/2019 - I've been recommended to go to Lee Johnson Kia. I just switched my preferred dealer to them. Hope the service is truly good.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations, post some pictures....

nlancaster

Reactions
City
Tigard
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 Chroma Red
Just bought a 2018 GT2 with only 11k miles on it!

IMG_20201129_122009_01.jpg