Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

*****2019 US Kia Stinger*****

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hey all! Happy Monday.

I have just received the first OFFICIAL breakdown of what's going to change for the 2019's that will be showing up on dealers lots in October! I'm so excited! LOL

2019 Kia Stinger.JPG

Start firing away questions if you have them!

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Great job! I see we're now getting a lot of missing features. Do you know if there is a price increase?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wow wireless charging and 360 camera too? Man I should have waited.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Once again early adopters get the shaft.[:(!]

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #5
It also looks like they may be changing the configuration of the wheels, AWD, and speed reduction.

Early observations make it look like a Stinger GT with AWD might also come with 18" wheels and the 130mph speed reduction. This would be a major change because in 2018 you CAN get AWD with the 19" wheels and 167mph limit.

I'll keep an eye on this as we move closer to drop date....

2019 Kia Stinger.JPG

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Great info as always [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #7
Once again early adopters get the shaft.[:(!]
Not the case at all. The price will most definitely be going up to accommodate the addition of new features.

I also said back in January that I was pretty sure that these things were going to be here for 2019. They wanted them on the 2018 but the factory couldn't get them in our US rides quickly enough for corporate to release them for Christmas deliveries. LOL

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 bmw x5
As much as I would have loved to have the 360 degree camera and would have liked to wait I also feel that we cannot expect to have no improvements and should be happy because when we eventually get the latest model it will have all the toys we wanted. I do hope though that KIA also offers a 360 degree camera kit for the early adopters but that is very wishful thinking. I am still very happy with my purchase thanks for the info MurlinatoR.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Great info. Will be interesting to see how much higher the price will be. Thanks for sharing.

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #10
Great info. Will be interesting to see how much higher the price will be. Thanks for sharing.
I'm going to guess that it's gonna be around $1,000+/-

avramd02

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Does this mean that the Aug-Sept incentives and deals will be better than past months? Or do you think they've pretty much topped at the best price possible?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #12
Does this mean that the Aug-Sept incentives and deals will be better than past months? Or do you think they've pretty much topped at the best price possible?

If I was a betting man, and I'm not, I would say that at MOST, there's another $500 on the table. What you're going to lose by waiting is selection and you may have to settle for a color or combination of features that you didn't necessarily want.

Hustler

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What's meant by "Coasting Neutral Control"?

Have you seen any changes in the interior/exterior color combos?

Gferg01

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Ive seen this awhile back and had some time to think about it. I thought I would be upset cause I'm losing out on some of these features, but Im good. Wireless charging I can still add via aftermarket with the kit. 360 camera isn't that important to me because it's not the latest tech like what bmw and Audi is currently offering, so I don't feel like I'm missing out. Rear heated seats. Not many ppl back there. So overall, I'm still pretty happy.

avramd02

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
If I was a betting man, and I'm not, I would say that at MOST, there's another $500 on the table. What you're going to lose by waiting is selection and you may have to settle for a color or combination of features that you didn't necessarily want.
Great thanks, not getting one till earliest next weel so guess I will just have to wait and see. The dealer I was looking at actually has had the car on the lot for about 2 weeks now so hopefully it stays where it is.

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #16
What's meant by "Coasting Neutral Control"?

Have you seen any changes in the interior/exterior color combos?
Well, so far no confirmation on colors in or out. It's weird with the Stinger because the color availability seemed to change as the year progressed. On all other models, the colors are released and they stay that way. With the Stinger, the color combinations changed even on the website with availability.

So, what I see now looks like some colors might be missing but its definitely not set yet so...

Now for coasting neutral control. CNC is a system that monitors throttle input. When input stops from removing your foot from the accelerator, the system responds by somehow "disconnecting" the driveline to allow the vehicle to coast more freely.

I don't believe that it's adjustable or an option. As soon as I can find more info I will pass it on.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
This is great news:) I'm glad most of the missing features are going to make it. Too bad about the micro suede headliner though. When I sat in a pre-production Stinger at the 2017 NYIAS, that headliner was pretty sweet. Hopefully we get some more color combinations in the US and I'm hoping for some more exterior colors as well. The Stinger has great body lines begging for unique and interesting colors. I feel like KIA is being a little too conservative and holding back on this. I'm really looking forward to the 2019's. It will probably be the one I get.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
As for the reduced top speed with the AWD system AND the 18" wheels, I think KIA is trying to make it clear that any car with 18" wheels will have a reduced top speed. I believe that an AWD car with 19" wheels will still have the 167 top speed. It's possible that the wording of their disclaimer is being confused in translation.

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #19
As for the reduced top speed with the AWD system AND the 18" wheels, I think KIA is trying to make it clear that any car with 18" wheels will have a reduced top speed. I believe that an AWD car with 19" wheels will still have the 167 top speed. It's possible that the wording of their disclaimer is being confused in translation.
Well, this is from KMA, not Korea. This info was put together by California. Currently, it reads like you can NOT get an AWD with 19" wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

avramd02

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
On Kia's site now it says that 18" wheels are limited to 130mph on the gt2.